UNDERGRADUATE FINANCE CONCENTRATION
All required finance concentration core courses must be taken in CSOM only.
5 PRESCRIBED COURSES
1. MFIN 1021 - Basic Finance (pre-requisite: ACCT1021)
2. MFIN 1127 - Corporate Finance (pre-requisite: MFIN1021)
3. MFIN 1151 - Investments (pre-requisite: MFIN1021)
4. 1 Elective from the following list*
- MFIN2225: Financial Policy
- MFIN2235: Investment Banking
- MFIN2202: Derivatives & Risk Management
- MFIN2205: Corporate Financial Strategies
- MFIN2250: Fixed Income Analysis
- MFIN2230: International Finance
- MFIN6631^: International Financial Management
5. At least 1 Elective from any MFIN course offered outside of the required courses or another from the set list above.
* Not every course will be offered each semester - see Agora for up-to-date course listings. Additional courses may be added to set list in the future. Please pay careful attention to pre-requisites which are listed in "Course Information & Schedule" in Agora.
^ All MFIN66XX electives require senior status and permission from the Department.
Beginning with the class of 2019, Financial Statement Analysis ACCT3351 will no longer count as a finance elective.
Regardless of your concentration, we expect finance majors to have understanding in the following areas:
- major investment, financing and governance decisions (e.g., capital structure, merger and acquisitions, dividend, board of directors, etc) of corporations;
- the risk and return tradeoffs in investment and know how to evaluate basic financial products (e.g., stocks, bonds and derivatives);
- the role of financial institutions/intermediaries (e.g., investment and commercial banks, asset management companies) in the financial system;
- the role of financial markets in the economy and the need for efficient regulations.
|Department Contact Information|
Fulton Hall Room 330