UNDERGRADUATE FINANCE CONCENTRATION
FINANCE CONCENTRATION COURSE REQUIREMENTS
- ACCT 1021 - Financial Accounting
- MFIN 1021 - Basic Finance (pre-requisite: ACCT1021)
- MFIN 1127 - Corporate Finance (pre-requisite: MFIN1021)
- MFIN 1151 - Investments (pre-requisite: MFIN1021)
- MFIN 2225 - Financial Policy (pre-requisite: MFIN1127, co-requisite or previously taken MFIN1151)
- At least One Elective from any finance course (MFIN) offered outside of the required courses for a finance concentration. ACCT3351 (Financial Statement Analysis) can also be counted as a Finance elective. MFIN66XX electives require senior status and permission from the Department.
Regardless of your concentration, we expect finance majors to have understanding in the following areas:
- major investment, financing and governance decisions (e.g., capital structure, merger and acquisitions, dividend, board of directors, etc) of corporations;
- the risk and return tradeoffs in investment and know how to evaluate basic financial products (e.g., stocks, bonds and derivatives);
- the role of financial institutions/intermediaries (e.g., investment and commercial banks, asset management companies) in the financial system;
- the role of financial markets in the economy and the need for efficient regulations.
Please refer to Boston College's Course Information and Schedule link in Agora for finance courses currently being offered.
|Department Contact Information|
Fulton Hall Room 330