In the news
- Business Week consulted Director of Graduate Enrollment Shelley Burt for advice on how to write an MBA admissions essay.
- Reports by the Center for Retirement Research (CRR) were cited by Forbes, U.S. News and World Report, and the Chicago Tribune, among numerous other media outlets. In other CRR news, the New York Times spoke with CRR Research Economist Anthony Webb. Additionally, the Wall Street Journal and the Edmond Sun interviewed Steven Sass, CRR associate director.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy cited a new study by the Center for Corporate Citizenship and the Hitachi Foundation.
- Reuters (via Forbes), the Boston Globe, and New England Cable News reported on the Chief Executives’ Club of Boston presentation by Robert Greifeld, president and CEO of NASDAQ OMX Group, Inc.
- The Carroll School’s recent Citizen Seminar featuring Boston Mayor Tom Menino was covered by New England Cable News, the Boston Globe, the Boston Herald, and Boston Metro.
- TIME magazine and the Boston Herald wrote about Assistant Professor of Marketing Henrik Hagtvedt’s luxury brand effect study that was printed in the Journal of Consumer Psychology. Read related article.
- Jack and Pamela Egan Chair in Computer Science James Gips’s EagleEyes technology is featured in the Opportunity Foundation of America’s newsletter (pdf).
- Two New York Times articles referenced papers by Edward J. Kane, James F. Cleary Chair in Finance (“Ethical Failures in Regulating and Supervising the Pursuit of Safety-Net Subsidies” and “Unmet Duties in Managing Financial Safety Nets”), USA Today interviewed him about the Federal Reserve’s first steps toward undoing the recent series of financial market interventions, and the Center for Research on Globalization’s Global Research talked with him about how the Federal Reserve contributes to crises.
- The New Yorker referenced a working paper on credit ratings by Darren Kisgen, assistant professor of finance, and Philip Strahan, John J. L. Collins, S.J., Chair in International Finance.
- Professor of Finance Alan Marcus talked with the New York Times about challenges to implementing Andrew W. Lo’s new diversified mutual fund, Natixis ASG Global Alternatives.
- Associate Professor of Operations, Information, and Strategic Management Richard McGowan, S.J., was interviewed about the gambling industry by American Public Media’s “Marketplace” and KCBS Radio in San Francisco, and quoted in USA Today in an article about baseball’s steroid controversy.
- Alicia H. Munnell, Peter F. Drucker Professor of Management Sciences and the director of Boston College's Center for Retirement Research, was quoted about retirement issues in various media outlets, including Business Week, the New York Times, and CBS News. She was also referenced in The Republican for her role as chair of the Massachusetts Public Employee Retirement Administration Commission.
- The Boston Globe quoted Galligan Professor of Strategy Sandra Waddock about the risks and benefits of a company's CEO taking a public stand on an issue.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.