Books and articles that matter
By Dean Andy Boynton
In my role as dean, I often think of Jim Collins's book Good to Great (HarperBusiness, 2001). Like many of you, I'm trying to build a better institution—the best possible. Collins explores what it takes to turn good organizations into ones that produce exceptional, sustained results. While some may argue that Collins's work is methodologically flawed, he has what I think are important ideas for leaders who are trying to create enduring greatness. Read more »
Faculty research output at the Carroll School has increased over the last two years, according to a recent report developed by Philip Strahan, John L. Collins, S.J., Chair in Finance (at right). Read more »
Assistant Professor of Information Systems Sam Ransbotham was awarded one of 11 inaugural Google and WPP Marketing Awards to support research into how online media influences consumer behavior, attitudes, and decision making.
Read more »
The Carroll School's newest tenured faculty members, Mei Xue (operations management), at right, and Tieying Yu (strategic management), bring international perspectives to their work.
Read more »
- BusinessWeek ranked the Carroll School’s undergraduate program number 17, and awarded the School eight top-10 specialty rankings, including the top spot in accounting.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked the full-time MBA program number 44 and the evening MBA program number 16. The finance program ranked number 14 in specialty rankings.
- Associate Professor of Finance Ronnie Sadka won the 2008 Dr. Richard A. Crowell Memorial Prize.
The following individuals, among others, were recently featured in the news:
- Associate Professor of Finance Edith Hotchkiss on CNNMoney.com,
- Edward J. Kane, James F. Cleary Chair in Finance, in The Wall Street Journal,
- Professor of Finance Alan Marcus in the New York Times, and
- Alicia Munnell, Peter F. Drucker Professor of Management Sciences and Director of the Center for Retirement Research, on CBS Evening News.
Dr. Francis Collins, the Nobel Prize-winning former director of the National Human Genome Research Institute, discusses the study of human disease. View video »
Sharon Allen, board chair of Deloitte, LLP, talks about"work-life balance and ethical behavior." View video »
This year's Center for Asset Management 2009 Finance Conference features speakers Harry Markopolos MS'97, Richard Syron '66, and Edward I. Altman. More information »