- The Society for Marketing Advances (SMA) presented Accenture Professor of Marketing Katherine (Kay) Lemon with the 2008 Distinguished Marketing Scholar Award at its annual conference in St. Petersburg, Florida, where she was the conference plenary speaker and guest of honor at the SMA Elsevier Annual Banquet Dinner. The paper accompanying her award will be published in the Journal of Business Research.
- Larry Meile, adjunct associate professor of operations and strategic management, won the 2008 Decision Sciences Institute Instructional Innovation Award for Project Flip: An Interactive Case/Exercise in Managing Uncertainty, which he created in collaboration with Janelle Heineke of Boston University.
- Two faculty members were recently named to endowed chairs. Sandra Waddock is the Galligan Chair in Strategic and Operations Management and Philip Strahan is the John L. Collins, S.J., Chair in Finance. Waddock studies issues related to social responsibility in management and leadership, and Strahan researches banking and deregulation.
- The U.S. Social Security Administration awarded the Center for Retirement Research a record $2.9 million in new funding to support research and dissemination on retirement income issues. Read the news release.
- In partnership with Boston College's Chief Executives' Club of Boston and the Carroll School of Management, New England Cable News is televising a series of speeches given by some of the nation's top business leaders. The first televised program features Boeing CEO James McNerney.
This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.