Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences

Courses Taken Abroad

abroad course approval for wgs elective

1) In order to request that a course taken abroad substitute for a Women's and Gender Studies minor elective, you must provide the following:

  • Syllabus for course taken abroad and/or course description
  • Course reading list (if available)
  • Printout of student course history as proof that you have taken and passed the course in question. This can be accessed through the Agora Portal

2) Once these items have been prepared, contact to schedule a meeting with the WGS Program Director. The director will review the provided materials and work with the student to determine whether or not the course will qualify for a BC course substitution. It is helpful to think about, prior to meeting, under what academic department the course most appropriately falls. If you have a BC-equivalent course in mind, this can expedite the process.

Please contact with any questions regarding the above procedures.