Resources for Graduate Students
Annual Conference Timeline
Call for Papers, Due Dates, Meetings, etc. Click here for printable PDF schedule.
Society of Christian Ethics Annual Meeting
Society of Christian Ethics Call for Proposals (for following year)
Pappas Patristic Conference Proposals Due (at Holy Cross)
National AAR/SBL Call for Papers
Society of Christian Ethics Proposals Due
National AAR/SBL Proposals Due
Pappas Patristic Conference (at Holy Cross)
NEM-MAR Regional AAR/SBL Meeting
Engaging Particularities Comparative Theology Conference (at BC)
International Conference on Patristics Abstracts Due (at Oxford)
Medieval Academy of America Annual Meeting
Medieval Academy of America Annual Meeting Call for Papers (for following year)
International Congress of Medieval Studies Meeting (at Kalamazoo)
Religious Education Association Proposals Due
College Theology Society Annual Convention
North American Patristics Society Annual Meeting
Catholic Theological Society of America Annual Convention
Patristic, Medieval, Renaissance Conference Proposals Due (at Villanova)
Medieval Academy of America Annual Meeting Proposals Due
Academy of Catholic Hispanic Theologians of the US (immediately before CTSA)
Submissions to College Theology Society Annual Volume Due
Catholic Theological Society of American Call for Papers
International Congress of Medieval Studies Call for Papers (at Kalamazoo)
Catholic Biblical Association Annual Meeting
International Conference on Patristics (at Oxford)
Catholic Theological Society of American Proposals Due
International Congress of Medieval Studies Proposals Due (at Kalamazoo)
College Theology Society Call for Papers
NEM-MAR Regional AAR/SBL Call for Papers
North American Patristics Society Call for Papers
Engaging Particularities Comparative Theology Conference Call for Papers (at BC)
Patristic, Medieval, Renaissance Conference (at Villanova)
Religious Education Association Annual Conference
National AAR/SBL Annual Convention
North American Patristics Society Proposals Due
College Theology Society Paper Proposals Due
NEM-MAR Regional AAR/SBL Proposals Due
Engaging Particularities Comparative Theology Conference Proposals Due (at BC)
Pappas Patristic Conference Call for Papers (at Holy Cross)
Other Annual Conferences with Moving Dates
- Ecclesiological Investigations, http://www.ei-research.net/
- Transdisciplinary Theological Colloquium at Drew Seminary, http://depts.drew.edu/tsfac/colloquium/
- New Wine, New Wineskins Catholic Moral Theology Symposium at Notre Dame, http://ycmt-newwineskins.com/x/
- Association of Practice Theology hosts bi-annual meetings, http://practicaltheology.org/
- International Academy of Practical Theology hosts bi-annual meetings, http://ia-pt.org/
- A number of research groups gather separate from but in tandem with the regional AAR/SBL conventions. Check with relevant groups/sections within AAR/SBL to see if there are networking or presenting opportunities that pertain to your research interests.
- Most society-sponsored conferences require that you have a membership with the society in order to present papers at their meetings. Annual fees usually accompany membership, but there is often a special student rate.
- Some societies, such as CTS and AAR/SBL, simply require that you to hold membership at the time of your presentation. This means you can wait to pay for your membership until after your paper is accepted, if you so choose.
- Other societies, such as CTSA and SCE, have a lengthy membership process that requires application. You may need to plan ahead—even as early as a year ahead—in order to complete the membership process before submitting a paper proposal. These societies also have requirements tied to academic standing: both societies require that presenters have completed their comprehensive exams for the PhD.
- If you find you can’t access a Call For Papers without paying to join the society in question, ask around—many fellow students and faculty are members of these societies and would be happy to pass CFPs around.
If you would like to suggest an addition or correction to the department’s conference timeline, please contact email@example.com.
Please note: To view Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.