Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

Morrissey College of Arts and Sciences

Study Abroad

Details on process for studying abroad

Once your OIP application has been accepted, you can pick up the application at Hovey House for the university you have selected. The application package will include a form that must be signed by Professor Morello. The completed application package is returned to your study-abroad adviser, who will send it to the university.

The university's acceptance or rejection letter will be sent to OIP, and your adviser will notify you. Once you have been accepted by the university, the office will let you know about travel requirements, visa, passport, etc.

Some courses are pre-approved (see list of pre-approved courses). For the others, you will need to fill out a course waiver and submission form, available in 426 McGuinn and in Lyons Hall, have it signed by Professor Morello, and take it to Student Services. The form should indicate each course to be taken and what type of credit (major, minor, or core) it represents. If a course does not fulfill a major, minor, or core requirement it will be counted as a BC elective course. If possible, the form should be accompanied by a course description.

Depending on the university, you may be able to register for your courses before you leave, or you may have to wait until you get there.

Students are encouraged to keep all of their written work, exams, notes, syllabi, etc. to file with Student Services upon return to guarantee a smooth transfer.