Take advantage of the different kinds of academic experiences the Department offers by becoming an active member of our intellectual community.
- Get to know the faculty. Our faculty is accessible to undergraduates, but you must seek them out. Doing so is worth the effort. Professors often serve as unofficial advisors and provide letters of recommendation for jobs or graduate programs.
- One of the best ways to get to know the faculty is get involved in one of our research labs early in your undergraduate career.
- Work with a faculty member as a research assistant, or take an independent study course.
- Get to know some of the graduate students, many of whom you will meet as Teaching Assistants or Teaching Fellows or by taking advanced courses. Graduate students can give you advice about applying to graduate school.
- Undergraduates are welcome at our colloquia; see the calendar of invited speakers.
Earn Money or Research Credits
Interested in contributing to scientific research and earning money at the same time? The Psychology Department at Boston College frequently conducts research studies on a variety of topics. Find a list of active studies or read about our research credit system through the Research Participation Credits page, or visit a lab page to see current studies.