Allopathic Medicine - MD
Exploring Health Careers
Allopathic Medicine (MD) is an inclusive profession that offers varied opportunities including, but not limited to:
- Clinical practice
- Medical administration
- Public health
- Medical education
- Biomedical research
Ideally, all physicians aspire to be:
- Altruistic, compassionate, trustworthy, and truthful in their relationships with patients, patients’ family members, and professional colleagues.
- Knowledgeable about the scientific basis of medicine and the normal and abnormal functioning of the body.
- Skillful in communicating with and providing care to their patients.
- Dutiful in working with other physicians and health care professionals to promote the health of individual patients and community members
(source: Medical School Admissions Requirements publication)
Below is a list of helpful resources from the AAMC and AMA for pre-med students
- Subscribe to the AAMC Pre-Med Navigator you will receive monthy emails
- Quick Answers to Common Questions About Getting into Medical School
- Association of American Medical Colleges (AAMC)
- American Medical Association (AMA)
- American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS)
- MSAR Online: (Medical School Admission Requirements): AAMC data base of allopathic US and Canadian Medical Schools
- Getting into Medical School- AAMC
- AMCAS Instruction Manual
Keep Current/Stay Informed