Health Care Experience
Locally, students have volunteered/worked at a number of institutions in the Boston area. To gain a better sense of what is available, we recommend you visit the following two websites: Boston Area Volunteer Guide and Volunteer Match. To obtain a listing of hospitals, we recommend you visit HospitalLink.
Many hospitals have volunteer offices. (Call the main number and ask for the volunteer office.) To obtain a listing of hospitals in your area, we suggest you visit HospitalLink, which lists hospitals here in the States.
Our students have volunteered at the following hospitals near BC:
- Beth Israel Deaconess
- Boston Medical Center
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Children's Hospital
- Dana Farber Cancer Institute
- Franciscan Hospital for Children
- Massachusetts General Hospital
- McLean Hospital (for psychiatric and chemical-dependency problems)
- Newton-Wellesley Hospital
- Tufts Medical Center
- St. Elizabeth's Hospital
- additional resources are listed under Resources: Volunteer / Internship Opportunities