The Department of Physics curriculum is designed to help our students achieve the following learning goals upon graduation:
- demonstrate a broad understanding of classical and quantum physical principles;
- understand and articulate current prominent research questions in physics;
- structure and implement independent inquiry on substantive questions in physics;
- communicate research results in a scientifically appropriate manner;
- demonstrate a level of knowledge and research skills level sufficient to compete successfully for admission to graduate programs.
The department will assess our majors’ learning outcomes, and modify the curriculum as appropriate, on a yearly basis in order to help students better achieve these goals. For more information, please see this webpage: /content/bc/offices/avp/Assessment.html