Skip to main content
Recent Ph.D. Theses
- Mani Pokharel, “Thermoelectric Transport Properties of Nanostructured FeSb2 and Cebased Heavy Fermions CeCu6 and CeAl3” (Prof. Opeil)
- Zhensong Ren, “Combined Neutron, Transport and Material based investigation in Ca3Ir4Sn13” (Prof. Wilson)
- Claire Watts, “Metamaterials and Their Applications Towards Novel Imaging Technologies” (Prof. Wilson)
- Muna Aryal (Rizal), "Transient disruption of vascular barriers using focused ultrasound and microbubbles for targeted drug delivery in the brain" (Prof. Opeil)
- Wenwen Zhou, "STM probe on the surface electronic states of spin-orbit coupled materials" (Prof. Madhavan)
- Kristie Loncich, "A biologically inspired model of bat echolocation in a cluttered environment with inputs designed from field recordings" (Prof. Padilla)
- Binod Rizal, "Nanocoax for Sensing Devices" (Prof. Naughton)
- Yi Zhang, "Fermi Liquid Study of Exotic Modes in Magnetically Ordered Systems" (Prof. Bedell)
- Tianyi Sun, "Nano-optics of perforated metallic films" (Prof. Kempa)
- Chetan Dhital, "Combined Transport, Magnetization and Neutron Scattering Study of 5d Iridates and Iron Pnictide Superconductors" (Prof. Wilson)
- Fan Ye, ‘Surface plasmon polaritons along metal surfaces with novel structures’ (Prof. Naughton)
- Sophia (Yu) Dai, "Observational Study of Dust-Rich Quasars" (Prof. Bedell)
- Wen-Chen Chen, "Metamaterials and Surface Electromagnetic Waves" (Prof. Padilla)
- Justin Butler, "Quantum Well Structures for Plasma Instability-Based Terahertz Radiation Sources" (Prof. Bakshi)
- Feng Cai, "Chern-Simons Effective Theory and the Fractional Quantum Hall Effects on Graphene" (Prof. Wang)
- Steven Disseler, "Magnetic Order in the Pyrochlore Iridates" (Prof. Graf)
- Timothy Kirkpatrick, "Geometric Photovoltaics applied to Amorphous Silicon thin film Solar Cells" (Prof. Naughton)
- Xianliang Liu, "Infrared Metamaterial Absorbers: Fundamentals and Apllications" (Prof. Padilla)
- Kevin C. Lukas, "Thermoelectric Transport Properties of Novel Nanoscaled Materials via Homemade and Commercial Apparatus Measurements" (Prof. Opeil)
- David Shrekenhamer, "Dynamic Control of Metamaterials at Terahertz Frequencies" (Prof. Padilla)
- Ryan Johnson, "A Study of the Onset of Magnetic Correlations in LiY1-xHoF4" (Prof. Graf)
- Bo Yu, "Power Factor Improvement and Thermal Conductivity Reduction by Band Engineering and Modulation-doping in Nanocomposites" (Prof. Ren)
- Yuan-Ming Lu, "Exotic Phases of Correlated Electrons in Two Dimensions" (Prof. Wang)
- Chang-Sheng Mei, "Accelerated Magnetic Resonance Thermometry for High Intensity Focused Ultrasound Therapy" (Prof. Graf)
- Trilochan Paudel, "Nanosphere Lithography for Nano Optical Applications" (Profs. Ren and Kempa)
- Yun Peng, "Simulations of Optical Effects in Nanostructures" (Prof. Kempa)
- Gaohua Zhu, "Exotic Phases of Correlated Electrons in Two Dimensions" (Prof. Ren)
- Lucas Lindsay, "Theory of Phonon Thermal Transport in Single-walled Carbon Nanotubes and Graphene " (Prof. Broido)
- Xiao Yan, "Thermoelectric Property Studies of Nanostructured Bulk Half-Heuslers and Bismuth Tellurides" (Prof. Ren)
- Jian Yang, "Thermoelectric Properties Of CoSb3 Based Skutterudites" (Prof. Ren)
- Pashupati Dhakal, "Angular Magnetoresistance Oscillations in the Molecular Organic Conductor (DMET)2I3: Experiment and Calculation"(Prof. Naughton)
- Madhab Neupane, "Angle-resolved photoemission spectroscopy studies of ruthenates and iron-based superconductors" (Profs. Wang and Ding)
- Yiming Xu, "Angle-resolved photoemission studies on hole doped iron pnictides Ba1-xKxFe2As2" (Profs. Wang and Ding)
- Giri Joshi, "Study of Thermoelectric Properties of Nanostructures P-Types Si-Ge, Bi-Te, Bi-Sb, and Half-Heusler Bulk Materials" (Prof. Ren)
- Liang Ren Niestemski, "Incommensurate Valence Bond Density Waves in the Glassy Phase of Underdoped Cuprates" (Prof. Wang)
- John Feldmann, "Novel Intinerant Transverse Spin Waves" (Prof. Bedell)
- Francis Niestemski, "Bosonics in the Copper and Iron-based High Transition Temperature Superconductors " (Prof. Madhavan) • Chunhua Li, "Gutzwiller Approximation in Strongly Correlated Electron Systems" (Prof. Wang)
- Shankar Kunwar, “STM Studies of an Electron-Doped High Tc Superconductor, Pr0.88LaCe0.12CuO4-d(PLCCO)" (Prof. Madhavan).
- Alistair Ward, "First Principles of the Lattice Thermal Conductivity of Semiconductors" (Prof. Broido)
- Xiaowei Wang, "Thermoelectric Properties Studies of Nanostructured N-Type Si-Ge Bulk Materials" (Prof. Ren)
- Yi Ma, "Thermoelectric Properties of P-Type Nanostructured Bismuth Antimony Tellurium Alloys Bulk Materials" (Prof. Ren)
- Jihua MA, "Scanning Tunneling Microscopy Study on Single Layer High-Tc Cuprate La-Bi2201" (Profs. Ding & Madhavan).
- Joydeep Roy, "Magnetoresistance Oscillations and Dimensional Crossover in the Quasi 1D Compounds (TMTSF)2CIO4 and (DMET)2I3" (Prof. Naughton).
- Hari Prasad Dahal, "Correlation Effects in Dilute Fermi Liquids: Nonequilibrium Spin Systems & Graphene" (Prof. Bedell).
- Chang Jin Lee, "Nonlinear Effects in 2D & Layered Electronic Systems" (Prof. Kalman).
- Zhihui Pan, Angle-Resolved Photoemission Studies on High Temperature Superconductor Bi2Sr2CuO6+8"(Prof. Ding)
- Yong Sun, "Electrical and Mechanical Properties of Carbon Nanostructures" (Prof. Naughton).
- Sen Zhou, "Electric Correlation and Geometric Frustration in NaxCoO2" (Prof. Wang).
- Guangyong Xiong, "Synthesis, Characterization and Applications of Carbon Nanotubes and Silicon Nanowires" (Prof. Ren).
- Bed Poudel, "A Study on Thermoelectric Properties Of Nanostructured
Bulk Materials" (Prof. Ren).
- Dezhi Wang, " Thermoelectric-Figure-of-Merit Enhancement of Si-Ge Through Nanocomposite Concept " (Prof. Ren).
- Raul Chura, "A Phenomenological Approach for the Half-Metallic Ferromagnets" (Prof. Bedell).
- Yang Wang, "Nanophotonics of Vertically Aligned Carbon Nanotubes: Two-Dimensional Photonic Crystals and Optical Dipole Antennas" (Prof. Ren).
- Sergio Gaudio, "Consequence of Fermi Liquid Theory Close to a Feshbach Resonance" (Prof. Bedell).
- Shuo Chen, "Structural and Transport Property Studies on Nanostructures Using Transmission Electron Microscopy" (Prof. Ren).
- Milen Raytchev, "DNA on the Femtosecond, Picosecond and Nanosecond Time Scale - A Spectroscopic Study" (Prof. Fiebig).
- Xiwen Wang, "Optical Phenomena in Photonic and Polaritonic Crystals" (Prof. Kempa).
- Jason Jackiewicz, "Unconventional Ordering in Correlated Fermi Liquids and Gases" (Prof. Bedell).
- Debasish Banerjee, "ZnO Nanostructures and Nanoengineering" (Prof. Ren).
- Hongbo Yang, "Angle-Resolved Photoemission Spectroscopy Study on NaxCoO2" (Prof. Ding).
- Cyril P. Opeil, S.J., "Crossover from Anomalous to Conventional Antiferromagnetism and Probing for Quantum Critical Behavior in
U(Pt1-xPdx)3 with 0 < x < 0.02" (Prof. Graf).
- Shancai Wang, "Evolution of Electronic Structure in CA2-xSRxRUO4 Studied by Angle-Resolved Photoelectron Spectroscopy" (Prof. Ding).
- Heon-Ick Ha, "Triplet Superconductivity and Interference Commensurate Oscillations in the 1D Molecular Organic Conductor (TMTSF)2ClO4" (Prof. Naughton).
- Stamatios Kyrkos, "Dielectric Properties, Screening and Compressibility for Bilayer Systems" (Prof. Kalman).
- Hongbo Zhao, "Attractive Hubbard and t-J Model Studies of High-Temperature Superconductivity" (Prof. Bedell).
- Jeong Il Oh, "Magnetic Studies in Organic Superconductors
(TMTSF)2ClO4: Upper Critical Fields and Vortex Matters" (Prof. Naughton).
- Guogang Feng, "Transport and Response Properties of Non-Equilibrium Steady State Semiconductor Quantum Well Structures" (Prof. Bakshi).
- Giulio Gambarota," Osmosis and Nuclear Magnetic Resonance Imaging of In Vivo Muscle" (Prof. Graf).
- Biao Zhang, "Quantum Hall Effect and Chiral Edge State Transport in Nearly Three-Dimensional 200-Layer Quantum Well Structures" (Prof. Wang/Prof. Brooks).
- Wenjin Mao, "Phase Competition in Strongly Correlated Systems" (Prof. Bedell).
- Vasiliki Plerou, "Quantifying Economic Fluctuations by Adapting Methods of Statistical Physics" (Prof. Bedell).