Professor Troxell joined the philosophy faculty in 2004.
Fields of Interest
- German Idealism
- History of Philosophy
Other Professional Activities
- Paper Review Committee
The Boston University Graduate Student Conference on Kant, February 2004.
- Book Exhibit Coordinator
The Society of Phenomenology and Existential Philosophy conference in Boston, November 2003.
- Department Representative
Graduate Student Association, 1999-2002.
- Faculty Advisor
Advise 15 freshman and sophomores who have not yet declared their majors.
- Director of Independent Study
Directed three students in independent study of John Paul II’s Theology of the Body, Fall, 2007. Directed student’s research project in contemporary ethics entitled, “The Greatest Good: Towards a New Philanthropic Model and Moral Exemplar.”
- Faculty Advisor, Gratia Plena
A Boston College Catholic women’s prayer and study group.
- Guest Lecturer, Perspectives of Western Culture Program, April 2007
Lectured on Nietzsche to over 200 freshman.
- Guest Speaker, Saint Thomas More Society, Boston College, November 2006
“On the Christian Notion of Forgiveness.”
- Guest Speaker, Sons of Saint Patrick Society, Boston College, October 2006
“Chastity and Dating: A Catholic Perspective.”
- Guest Speaker, Saint Thomas More Society, Boston College, September 2005
“An Introduction to the Thought of Pope Benedict XVI.”
- Panel Speaker/Discussion Leader, Boston College, April 2005
"Bring Back the Date,” a discussion examining student dating and relationships, attended by over 400 undergraduate students.
Please note: To view Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.