Between 2009 and 2012 Marius was a Mellon postdoctoral fellow at the California Institute of Technology (Caltech). In 2011 he was a visiting fellow at the Max Planck Institute for History of Science (Berlin), as part of Vincenzo de Risi's research group "Modern Geometry and the Concept of Space."
Fields of Interest
- Kant's natural philosophy
- Leibniz and Newton in the 18th century
- Philosophical foundations of Enlightenment science
- Perspectives on Western Culture
- Philosophy of Space and Time
Other Professional Activities
- Referee, Studies in History and Philosophy of Science
- HOPOS: Journal of the International Society for History of Philosophy of Science
- "Unity for Kant's Natural Philosophy." Philosophy of Science (forthcoming, 2014).
- (with Eric Watkins), "Kant's philosophy of science." The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, ed. E.N. Zalta, Spring 2014 edition.
- "Kant's third mechanical law: the long shadow of Leibniz." Studies in History and Philosophy of Science 44 (2013): 493-504.
- "Newton and Wolff." The Southern Journal of Philosophy 50 (2012): 459-81.
Note: To view Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.