Boston College Symphony Orchestra
The Boston College Symphony Orchestra performs major orchestral works (such as the symphonies of Beethoven, Dvorak, Mendelssohn, and Tchaikovsky) under the direction of John Finney.
Orchestra rehearsals are held on Monday evenings from 6:30-8:00p and on Wednesday evenings from 6-7:30p.
Auditions for the Boston College Symphony Orchestra will be heard by appointment for the fall 2016 semester. Please click here for the online sign-up.
Audition dates are as follows:
– Monday, September 5 from 11-1:30p
– Tuesday, September 6 from 11-1:30p
– Wednesday, September 7 from 11-1:30p
– Thursday, September 8 from 11-1:30p
*If all the available audition slots are filled, or if none of the available slots are convenient for you, please email the Orchestra Conductor, John Finney, at email@example.com, and he will gladly arrange a time to hear your audition.
– You should have a prepared solo (a movement from a concerto or sonata, or any other solo, maximum 5 minutes in length)
– You will be asked to play several scales, appropriate to your instrument
– You will be asked to sight-read a short passage of orchestral music
Anyone with questions about the orchestra or auditions should email the Conductor, John Finney, at firstname.lastname@example.org.