Travel Reimbursement Guidelines
higgins operations and business services
Travel requests must be accompanied by a completed and signed expense report form with a source of funding indicated.
Attach the following to the travel expense report:
- Original receipts for all travel expenses including, airfare, hotel and car rental, and individual expenses exceeding $25.00
- Original airline boarding passes for all flight segments
- Itemized hotel bills
- The original conference badge
- A copy of the rate per day for the area traveled for meals paid on a per diem
- Foreign travel receipts must be accompanied by a credit card statement showing the converted rate or, if paid in cash, a foreign exchange rate.
- When using your private automobile for transportation, an accurate record of miles traveled can be obtained through Map Quest.
- BC uses the federal guideline for mileage rate.
- When paying any expenses by credit card, provide paperwork showing payment made - a receipt with credit card number or a copy of the bank card statement.
Travel Reimbursement From a Grant
- Airline travel must be on a US air carrier when possible - Fly America Act for Waivers.
- Alcohol, entertainment, and minibar purchases are not allowed.
- Telephone calls related to a project are allowed.
- Expense Report Form (PDF)
- Travel Advance Form (PDF) - please see HOBS before filling this out
- Travel Policy
- Faculty Travel Forms
- Student Travel Forms
Expedia Corporate Travel
American Express Travel
The Travel Collaborative
National Car Rental
Corporate Account #5006897
Corporate Account #10AJ29305