B.A., English, Columbia University
Ph.D., American Studies, Yale University
Stokes Hall S485
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Specializes in literature and culture of the African Diaspora, U.S. popular culture, race and cultural theory, African American and U.S. Ethnic literatures. Her most recent projects are on black British and black American cultural politics and popular culture after 9/11.
Spring 2013 Courses
- Soul Power: Cultural Radicalism and the Making of a U.S. Third World Left (Durham: Duke University Press).
- Third World Newsreel: Third Cinema in the U.S., Ethnic Media in America. Book 2: Taking Control. Guy Meiss & Alice A. Tait, eds. Dubuque, IA: Kendall/Hunt Publishing, 2005.
- Angela Davis and the U.S. Third World Left, Revolutions of the Mind: Cultural Studies in the African Diaspora Project, 1996-2002. Dionne Bennett, Candace Moore, Ulli K. Ryder and Jakobi Williams, eds. Los Angeles: CAAS Publications, 2003: 3-10.
- Havana Up In Harlem: LeRoi Jones, Harold Cruse and The Making of a Cultural Revolution, Science and Society, Winter 2001: 12-38.
- On Strike at Yale, Minnesota Review, Numbers 45-6, May 1996: 179-195.
- Same Side of a Badass Coin: Postmodern Racism in Quentin Tarantino's Pulp Fiction, Disposition, XX. 47 (1995): 59-77.