Min Hyoung Song
Director of the MA program. Specializes in Asian American, ethnic American, and twentieth-century American literature, with a special interest in cultural studies and literary theory.
- Cambridge History of Asian American Literature (co-edited with Rajini Srikanth). Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press (2015).
- “Asian American Literature Within and Beyond the Immigrant Narrative.” In Cambridge Companion to Asian American Literature, edited by Crystal Parikh and Daniel Kim. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press (2015).
- “Class.” In Keywords in Asian American Studies, edited by Cathy Schlund-Vials, Linda Trinh Vo, and K. Scott Wong. New York University Press (2015).
- “Genealogy of a Detroit Childhood.” In Asian Americans in Michigan: Voices from the Midwest, edited by Sook Wilkson and Victor Jew. Detroit: Wayne State University Press (2015).
- “Whiteness Redux or Redefined?” (Forum co-editor with Cynthia Young). American Quarterly 66.4 (2014), 1071-1076.
- The Children of 1965: On Writing, and Not Writing, as an Asian American. Durham, NC: Duke University Press (2013).
- “Becoming Planetary.” American Literary History 23:2 (2011), 555-573.
- "'How Good It Is to Be a Monkey': Comics, Racial Formation and American Born Chinese." Mosaic 43:1 (2010), 73-93.
- “Communities of Remembrance: Reflections on the Virginia Tech Shootings and Race.” Journal of Asian American Studies, 11.1 (2008), 1-26.
- Looking Back: Diasporic Longing in Citizen 13660 and Persepolis.” In Ethnic Life Writings and Histories, edited by Rocío Davis. Munster: LIT Verlag, 2007. 115-132.
- “The Children of 1965: Allegory, Postmodernism, and Jhumpa Lahiri’s The Namesake.” Special Issue: “After Postmodernism: Form and History in Contemporary American Fiction,” guest edited by Andrew Hoberek. Twentieth-Century Literature 53:3 (2007), 345-370.
- Strange Future: Pessimism and the 1992 Los Angeles Riots Durham: Duke University Press, 2005).
- Asian American Studies: A Reader (co-edited with Jean Wu). New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press 2000.