B.A., Stanford University
Ph.D., Harvard University
Stokes Hall S409
Chestnut Hill, Mass. 02467
Specializes in nineteenth-century British literature and culture, the history of the novel, narrative analysis, and genre theory.
Current Book Project
“Eventful Plotlessness and the Boredom of Realism”
- The Bigamy Plot: Sensation and Convention in the Victorian Novel (Cambridge University Press, 2015)
- “The Plot of Bigamous Return,” Representations 123 (Summer 2013): 87-116.
- “Inconvenient Husbands and Superfluous Wives.” “Special Issue: Extended Families.” Kelly Hager and Talia Schaffer, eds. Victorian Review. 32.2 (Fall 2013): 30-33.
- “Soul-mates: David Copperfield’s Angelic Bigamy,” Victorian Studies 52.2 (Winter 2010): 191-218.
- “The Discipline of Tears in The Old Curiosity Shop,” Dickens Studies Annual 42 (2011)