B.A., Stanford University
Ph.D., Harvard University
Stokes Hall S409
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Specializes in the Victorian novel, nineteenth-century British literature and culture, narrative analysis, gender theory, and generic distinctions and conventions. She is completing a book on the surprising prevalence of bigamy in the Victorian novel, from sensational plots to “simultaneous” remarriages in novels like Jane Eyre, David Copperfield, and Middlemarch.
- “The Plot of Bigamous Return,” Representations (forthcoming)
- “Inconvenient Husbands and Superfluous Wives.” “Special Issue: Extended Families.” Kelly Hager and Talia Schaffer, eds. Victorian Review. (Fall 2013) (forthcoming)
- “Soul-mates: David Copperfield’s Angelic Bigamy,” Victorian Studies 52.2 (Winter 2010): 191-218.
- “The Discipline of Tears in The Old Curiosity Shop,” Dickens Studies Annual 42 (2011)
- “The Bigamy Plot: Sensation and Convention in the Victorian Novel”