newton college alumnae professor emerita
Judith Wilt has degrees from Duquesne University and Indiana University and taught at Princeton before coming to Boston College in 1978. She was a founding member of the Women's Studies Program, chair of the English Department from 1990-1996, and became the Newton College Alumnae Chair in Western Culture in 2002. She teaches and writes on nineteenth century British fiction, women's writing, religion and literature, and popular culture genres, especially Gothic fiction. Recent courses and book length publications are listed below.
- EN 354 - The Novels of Dickens - Course syllabus
- EN 481 - Woolf/Hemingway - Course syllabus
- EN 584 - Seminar: Science Fiction: Past Futures - Course syllabus
- EN 370 - Catholic Character/s in Fiction and Film
- EN 599 - Ayn Rand and Her Contemporaries: A Readings and Research Course
EN 827 - Master Narratives/Fielding to Lessing
The Origins of the English Novel 1600-1740 (1987)
Please note: To view Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.