newton college alumnae professor emerita
Judith Wilt has degrees from Duquesne University and Indiana University and taught at Princeton before coming to Boston College in 1978. She was a founding member of the Women's Studies Program, chair of the English Department from 1990-1996, and became the Newton College Alumnae Chair in Western Culture in 2002. She teaches and writes on nineteenth century British fiction, women's writing, religion and literature, and popular culture genres, especially Gothic fiction. Recent courses and book length publications are listed below.
- EN 308 Detective Stories - Course syllabus
- ENGL 3003 Horror Stories - Course syllabus
- ENGL 3004 Storytelling and Catholicism - Course syllabus
- EN 354 - The Novels of Dickens - Course syllabus
- EN 481 - Woolf/Hemingway - Course syllabus
- EN 584 - Seminar: Science Fiction: Past Futures - Course syllabus
- EN 599 - Ayn Rand and Her Contemporaries: A Readings and Research Course
EN 827 - Master Narratives/Fielding to Lessing
Please note: To view Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.