One Credit Internship
special programs - communication department
To receive credit in the College of Arts and Sciences, internships must provide an educational experience equivalent to a practicum in one of the departments represented in the College. Students must describe the educational experience on the Internship Approval Form, commit to at least 50 hours of work and and secure the approval of the internship supervisor at the location of internship. AFTER THAT, STUDENTS SHOULD BRING THE FORM TO CHRISTINE CASWELL IN THE COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT for registration into COMM1901.
HOW TO REGISTER YOUR INTERNSHIP FOR ACADEMIC CREDIT
- Fill out COMM1901 Internship Application.
- Request that your internship supervisor complete his/her section on application.
- Submit application to Professor Caswell in her mailbox in the Communication Department (Maloney Hall, 5th Floor).
- Professor Caswell will register you for COMM1901.
Internships carry one credit and may be graded Pass/Fail only. Upon verification by the internship supervisor that the internship was successfully completed, a grade of P-pass will be recorded on the student's transcript. Otherwise a grade of F will be recorded. With the written approval of the internship supervisor, students may withdraw from the internship through the usual course withdrawal process subject to the usual deadlines. In such cases a W will be recorded for the internship.
To qualify for this internship program, every student must
- Be a communication major.
- Complete all applicable forms prior to starting internship or a grade will not be awarded.
- Provide employer grade form and see that it is returned upon completion of internship.
If you meet these criteria, then below you will find the necessary packet for application. It is in Acrobat PDF format. Please note that the three pages of the application constitute the complete application packet. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Please note: To view Adobe Acrobat® (PDF) formatted files you will need the free Adobe Acrobat file reader.