Skip to main content
General Humanities Resources and Indexes
- Social Studies Sources--This site is designed as a quick start for social studies teachers with links to thousands of sites useful for teachers of history, geography, politics & government, and other social sciences.
- Library of Congress World Wide Web--The Library of Congress presents information about its special collections and exhibits, and provides access to several online catalogs, including LOCIS.
- BARD - Bodleian Access to Remote Databases--is the Oxford University Bodleian Library's gateway networked information services around the World: through BARD you can access hundreds of library catalogues, major information services such as BIDS or FirstSearch, and retrieve information from some tens of thousands of sites worldwide.
- SOSIG--Social Science Information Gateway--SOSIG currently points to over 500 social science resources from its menus, each of them described, catalogued, tested and entered into a searchable database.
- Metroscope--Organized by metropolitan area, METROSCOPE links users to almost 4000 different Web sites. Each METROSCOPE page contains direct links to a specific area's web servers, many of which are not found listed together in other popular directories.
- Yahoo - A Guide to WWW--Yahoo is a hierarchical, subject-oriented, index to the World Wide Web.
- What's New With NCSA Mosaic--This page contains information about new or changed sites on the World Wide Web, updated three times a week. You can view the current listings in this document, the previous two updates in Recent Updates, search the What's New Archives, or submit an entry.
- The Clearinghouse for Subject-Oriented Internet Resource Guides--The Clearinghouse for Subject-Oriented Internet Resource Guides, a service of the University of Michigan, provides a central access point for value-added topical guides which identify, describe, and evaluate Internet-based information resources. Our mission is to facilitate intellectual access to information resources on the Internet.
- Internet Resources Meta-Index--from the Planet Earth Home Page.
- Lycos--A keyword-based World Wide Web searcher from Carnegie-Mellon University.
- InfoSeek Net Search--InfoSeek Net Search is a powerful and popular way to search the Web.
- DejaNews Research Service--DejaNews enables keyword searching of the Usenet news archives.