woods college of advancing studies
How to Apply
To be considered for admission and potential scholarships, applicants to the Bachelor of Arts program are responsible for submitting all necessary application materials by the designated program deadline (see below).
- Online application form
- Application fee $45 (to be paid as part of the online application)
- Two Essays
- Official high school or GED transcript (see transcript requirements for international students)
- SAT, PSAT, or ACT standardized test scores are optional
- Two letters of recommendation (Letters must be sent directly from recommender either through online application portal or directly to Woods College. We will not accept letters that are not in a sealed envelope mailed directly from recommender or emailed directly from recommender).
- Demonstrated English Language Proficiency required (minimum TOEFL score of 100)
- An interview is required for all international and non-native speakers
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and candidates should apply by the deadlines listed below for priority consideration.
- August 1st for fall enrollment
- December 1st for spring enrollment
- April 15th for summer enrollment
Contact an Admissions Representative today with questions:
PLEASE MAIL APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Boston College WCAS Processing Center
P.O. Box 67445
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Please submit two essays by responding to two of the topics listed below. The essays should be typewritten, double-spaced, and each essay should be limited to 500 – 750 words in length. The essays are important to the Admissions Committee as they allow the committee to assess your personal goals, your reasons for choosing the program to which you are applying, your commitment to your educational goals, and your writing ability. The essays must be uploaded as part of your on-line application.
- Discuss your reason(s) for applying to the BA program at the Woods College of Advancing Studies at this time. Support your reasons with specific examples.
- Discuss your academic goals and how they apply to your planned career and/or life goals.
- Describe a life changing experience that had a significant personal impact on you. Please include details about the situation (which could be positive or negative), and what were the lessons learned.
Two letters of recommendation are required.
Applicants who have completed high school within the last four years should request one recommendation from a guidance counselor, and the second from either a teacher or employer/supervisor.
Applicants who completed high school more than four years ago or who have obtained a GED certificate should request recommendations from individuals in the following categories: teacher/instructor, employer, volunteer activity supervisor, or someone who knows you in a professional capacity.
If you have technical difficulties with or technical questions about the Embark on-line application, please login to your application and consult the Help Center, or email email@example.com .
Please note: This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.