master of science in administrative studies
How to Apply
To be considered for admission and potential scholarships, applicants to the Administrative Studies Master's program are responsible for collecting and submitting all necessary application materials. The Administrative Studies program is open to graduates of fully accredited liberal arts colleges regardless of undergraduate major.
- Completed application form
- Application fee ($45 check or money order payable to Boston College - Please do not send cash)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (minimum GPA 3.0)*
- Official transcripts
- Personal Statement
- Two letters of recommendation
- Demonstrated proficiency in the areas of computer applications and statistics**
- GRE, GMAT, or MAT scores (optional)
*Students who do not meet these requirements may be considered for admission with the following condition: the completion of two core courses, Research Methods and Data Analysis and Project Management, with grades of B or better. Credits earned in these courses will be applied towards the degree requirements.
**Evidence of proficiency must be provided in one of two ways:
- Passing with a C- or better previous coursework in these areas (e.g., statistics or computer based course) OR
- Professional experience that is detailed and documented in a letter of recommendation from one's workplace (from within the last five years of employment)
To be considered for admission and potential scholarships, Master’s applicants are responsible for collecting and submitting all necessary application materials by the designated program deadline. While some programs will accept applications after the posted deadlines, it is important to submit your application as soon as possible. (International students seeking a visa should apply at least 3 months prior to their intended start term, and can only be admitted for fall and spring semesters.)
- December 10th (PRIORITY deadline for Spring enrollment)
- April 15th (PRIORITY deadline for Summer enrollment)
- June 15th (PRIORITY deadline for Fall enrollment)
Please mail or deliver all application materials to:
Woods College of Advancing Studies
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Please note: This page links to PDF files. Use this link to download Adobe Reader if needed.