Online Certificate in Data Analytics
The Data Analytics certificate at Boston College provides managers and professionals with the skills required to analyze data, understand analytic reports, and ultimately use data to make decisions that will impact their organization. The 4 course online certificate program engages students in coursework including data analysis, complex modeling, big data techniques, and predictive modeling/forecasting.
For-credit courses can transfer in to the Boston College MS in Applied Economics program.
Courses: 4 (can be completed in as little as 8 months).
- Prerequisite: College level statistics
How to Apply
Below are the official admissions requirements for this program:
- Online application
- Academic transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (minimum GPA 3.0)*
- Personal Statement (500 - 750 words)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume (optional)
- Application fee ($45 check or money order payable to Boston College - Please do not send cash)
*Applicants whose undergraduate GPA falls below 3.0 will be considered for admission. Applications will be considered in light of other factors, including letters of reference and personal statement.
Applications for Professional Studies Certificates are accepted on a rolling basis.
The estimated total tuition for this program is $12,960.
Tuition for Woods College programs is assessed by course. Please see Boston College Tuitions and Fees for more details.
Boston College can offer dedicated cohorts to corporate partners enabling their employees to work on pressing issues in real time, while data is analyzed by a set of world-class data scientists.
- Minimum of 10 students
- Ability to provide proprietary data set to be used in all four courses
- Data must be provided to instructors at least 8 weeks in advance of cohort start
- Dedicated point of contact for the data at the partner institution
- Opportunity to develop a set of objectives for each course (i.e. what question do you want answered using the data set?)
- Final project focusing on insights from data