A graduate certificate is ideal for students who want to upgrade their skills and improve their competitiveness on the job market, but who are not ready to commit to a Masters program yet.
Each graduate certificate comprises four graduate-level courses and can be completed in as few as two semesters of study.
Woods College offers five Graduate Certificates:
I have found the Certificate program to be very beneficial and have enjoyed getting to know my professors and other students in the program. Everyone at BC has been extremely friendly and helpful.
The content in the courses has already helped me in my current job, so I am confident that I will complete the program feeling as though it was a great decision that will help further my career.
Kara Kiely, Certificate in Human Resources Management, '18 Operations Associate at Glouston Capital Partners
- Students must earn a grade of B or better for each course credited toward the certificate.
- Certificate requirements must be completed within two years of initial enrollment; courses are permanently retained on the student record.
- Current Woods College degree students, including international students, may complete a certificate as part of their program by completing this form. Non-U.S. citizens are not eligible for enrollment in a certificate program unless they are currently enrolled in a Woods College degree program.
- Students in other Boston College graduate programs should contact Claudia Pouravelis, Associate Dean of Enrollment Management, to review Woods certificate enrollment process - 617-552-1727, firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
Below are the official admissions requirements for this program:
- Online application
- Academic transcripts
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university (minimum GPA 3.0)*
- Personal Statement (500 - 750 words)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Resume (optional)
- Application fee ($45 check or money order payable to Boston College - Please do not send cash)
*Applicants whose undergraduate GPA falls below 3.0 will be considered for admission. Applications will be considered in light of other factors, including letters of reference and personal statement.
Please request transcripts to be sent to:
Boston College WCAS Processing Center
P.O. Box 67445
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Applications for Professional Studies Certificates are accepted on a rolling basis.