Animal Care Facility
The Boston College Animal Facility is committed to providing humane care for animals while assisting Principle Investigators in their research pursuits.
- Procuring animals
- Animal Husbandry, including feeding, watering and maintaining a clean cage environment
- Daily health surveillance of animals as well as routine, periodic testing for common diseases
- Providing cages, racks, feed, water, cage cards and certain equipment
- Maintenance of facility and certain equipment
- Training for PIs, technicians, work study students and anyone handling the animals
- Carcass disposal (non-radioactive only)
- Animal records and information
FacilityAnimal Care Office: 617-552-6208
PersonnelJian Lu, Senior Animal Care Technician
Todd Gaines, Veterinary Technician
Reginald Riley, Animal Care Technician
Nancy McGilloway, ARC Manager and Chief Operations Officer
James G. Fox, DVM ACLAM, Attending Veterinarian and Chief ARC Clinical Officer
Stephen Erickson, Ph.D., Director
The Boston College ACF offers training and orientation sessions for those new to the research or those who want to refresh their skills. All personnel on research protocols MUST attend a training and orientation session. Instructional videos are available for viewing. Contact the ACF Manager, Nancy McGilloway, ATLAG at 2-8476, to schedule a training session or viewing session.
Take the Training Session Quiz
Those interested in pursuing a career in laboratory animal medicine can get training materials and certify with the American Association of Laboratory Animal Science, a national professional organization.
Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) at Boston College
Occupational Health Program at Boston College