2016-2017 Corcoran Visiting Chair Applications
Center for Christian-Jewish Learning
CORCORAN VISITING CHAIR IN CHRISTIAN-JEWISH RELATIONS
2016-2017 ACADEMIC YEAR
Boston College and its Center for Christian-Jewish Learning invite applications for a one year visiting appointment (renewable for a second year) as the Corcoran Visiting Chair in Christian-Jewish Relations, specializing in some aspect of the relationship between Christianity and Judaism. Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or its earned equivalent, have published in the field, and hold (or have retired from) a tenured position (or its equivalent) in a university or seminary.
The Corcoran Visiting Chair will agree to take on at least three of the following responsibilities, each of which should relate to the mission of the Center:
1. Organize and lead a conference during the academic year of residence (preparations, especially invitations to speakers, will precede the year of residence);
2. Offer a public lecture during the time of residency;
3. Host and lead a series of at least four lunch/discussions with Boston College faculty and graduate students;
4. Teach or co-teach an upper-level course at Boston College;
5. Write and publish two or more essays in Studies in Christian-Jewish Relations (the Center's e-journal);
6. Develop a set of academic resources that will be available to other scholars through the Center's website.
Stipend: $70,000/academic year plus travel and research expenses (details available)
APPLICATION AND SUBMISSION
Electronic submission of the following are requested: letter of application, CV, and a proposal for the research and writing to be done while holding the Chair, including an indication of how they fit into the guidelines above.
Two letters of recommendation should be submitted directly.
Applications are due by November 13, 2015. Decisions will be made by February 12, 2016.
Communications should be addressed to Dr. James Bernauer, SJ (email@example.com), Director, Center for Christian-Jewish Learning,Stokes Hall N405, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA 02467 USA.
If you have questions about the Corcoran Visiting Chair in Christian-Jewish Relations, you may contact us at: