Research & Publications
the bellagio publishing series
The Bellagio Publishing Network is an informal association of organizations dedicated to the strengthening of indigenous publishing in the Developing World. Established in 1991, the Bellagio Publishing Network has provided a forum for discussion as well as a collaborative network for assisting publishing and book development activities. Philip G. Altbach is the series General Editor. The following books are included in the series.
- Publishing in Africa and the Third World. Edited by Philip G. Altbach.
- Publishing Assitance Programs: Review and Inventory. By Carol Priestley.
- Bibliography on Publishing in the Thirld World, 1980-1993. By Philip G. Altbach and Hyaeweol Choi.
- Copyright and Development: Inequality in the Information Age. Edited by Philip G. Altbach. [Download]
- Making a Difference: Feminist Publishing in the South. By Urvashi Butalia and Ritu Menon.
- Publishing in Africa: One Man's Perspective. By Henry Chakava. [Download]
- The Challenge of the Market: Privatization and Publishing in Africa. Edited by Philip G. Altbach.
- Knowledge Dissemination in Africa: The Role of Scholarly Journals. Edited by Philip G. Altbach and Damtew Teferra.
- Publishing and Development: A Book of Readings. Edited by Philip G. Altbach and Damtew Teferra.
- Publishing in African Languages: Challenges and Prospects. Edited by Philip G. Altbach and Damtew Teferra.