Skip to main content

Fact of the Week: 09 November 2015

FACT OF THE WEEK

9 in 10 UK employers do not check to see if managers are hiring workers who are older than themselves.

"The vast majority (87%) of the survey respondents have not checked whether their people managers are hiring workers who are older than themselves... and of the remaining 13% of those that do measure it, more than half found that managers do not hire people older than themselves,"  according to a 2015 Mercer survey of employers in the UK and Europe.
       
 
       
Mercer UK. (2015). Age-friendly employer research. (p. 13) London: Mercer UK. Retrieved from http://uk.mercer.com
Search for similar facts in Facts database
PREVIOUS FACTS

» Learn more about our Facts and Literature Databases

Follow The Center on Aging & Work at Boston Collegelink to Aging & Work Twitterlink to Aging & Work Facebook