Faculty Fellowship Program
The Faculty Fellowship Program is intended to promote faculty research and scholarly publication by providing full salary and benefits to faculty members who wish to be released from normal duties to pursue research during a given semester.
Tenured and tenure-track faculty are eligible to apply for a Fellowship. Also eligible are other full-time faculty who have been at Boston College for at least five years. Applicants must not have had or be anticipating a Sabbatical Leave within two semesters of the proposed Fellowship. Criteria for awarding Fellowships include:
- demonstrated competence in the area of projected research
- value of the research as a contribution to knowledge
- benefit of the research to the professional development of the applicant
- effect on the academic vitality of Boston College
- likelihood of scholarly publication.