Retired and Emeriti Faculty
Faculty considering retirement should first contact their dean to discuss retirement options and financial benefits for tenured faculty.
Periodically, Human Resources invites faculty members to Retirement Planning Seminars which provide information on retirement issues and options, as well as encourage faculty to plan for retirement. See the Retirement Planning handbook for more information.
Several months prior to actual retirement, a faculty member should contact the Benefits Manager to coordinate arrangements for retirement income, Social Security payments, medical insurance, and other benefits.
At the time of their retirement, certain faculty may be granted emeritus status by the University President because of their extraordinary contributions to their disciplines and to the University. Deans should make this request of The Provost and Dean of Faculties and provide a rationale for it. The names of emeriti faculty remain in University publications such as theUniversity Catalog.
Retired faculty remain members of the BC community and retain faculty privileges.
- Cultural and athletic events
- Eligible to park in the BC parking garages at a nominal daily rate
- Email accounts--contact Susan Hynes at 617-552-4780 or email@example.com
- Faculty Convocations
- Faculty Dining Room
- Receive University publications
- Recreational facilities
- Special use of shared office and lounge space in a facility on the Brighton Campus reserved for their use