Mandatory Safety and AlcoholEdu/Haven Courses
Welcome to the Boston College Community!
As an incoming Boston College student we want you and your classmates to have a healthy social, academic, and residential experience at Boston College. With this in mind we ask you to complete the following online courses by Friday, August 19.
BC Safe is an interactive video program that introduces some of the offices, regulations, and programs that have been designed to keep our community safe and secure. It is important for all students to understand these expectations as members of the Boston College community.
- To get started log in to Canvas to access the BC Safe site, please go to: https://bostoncollege.instructure.com/courses/1318805 and enter your BC username and password.
- The site is organized according to modules based on a topic. Clicking on a title will take you to that topic's page, which contains a short video and a quiz you will need to complete. Please visit each section, review each video, and complete the quiz before continuing on to the next topic. (Flash needs to be installed on your machine in order to view the videos.)
- Once you have finished all modules, please complete the final "Safety Acknowledgment," which will record your participation.
If you have any trouble with Canvas, please email email@example.com.
Please note, the site is not configured for mobile viewing.
AlcoholEdu and Haven
These two online interactive science-based courses provide detailed information about alcohol and its effects on the body and mind and issues related to sexual assault and consent. This is not an over-simplified, lecture style diatribe about the use of alcohol. It is a thoughtful and educational program for adults committed to thinking about their life choices.
- To get started sign in to Agora Portal using your Boston College username and password and click on “AlcoholEdu-Alcohol Education Course” under "Other Services" category on "My Services" page.
- You may log in and out of the course at the end of each section. Section ends are marked with a “Next” button. DO NOT log out until you click the “Next” button or you will have to repeat the section you have just gone through.
- To log back into your account, always access AlcoholEdu/Haven from Agora Portal.
- For problems logging in through Agora or for additional information on the requirement, please contact Jeannine Kremer, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-2572.
- For all other AlcoholEdu and Haven technical/computer-related issues click on the “Technical Help” button located in the upper right-hand corner of every AlcoholEdu for College screen (available 24/7) or call 1-866-384-9062.
- For questions or additional information related to these requirements contact email@example.com.