university health services
Your immunization information is a critical component of your medical record. Massachusetts State Law requires all (law, graduate and undergraduate) college students registered in full time programs to show proof of the required immunizations (see below). You have 30 days from the start of classes to provide Health Services with documentation of these vaccines. Failure to do so will result in a $75 administrative fee and you will not be able to register for next semester classes until proof of documentation has been submitted. The required immunizations include:
- Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap) vaccine one time booster after 6/2005. If booster date is > 10 years, a Td vaccine date must also be included.
- 2 MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) vaccines (these doses must be given at least four weeks apart beginning at or after 12 months of age). Laboratory proof of immunity is acceptable. Birth before 1957 in the US is also acceptable for college students with the exception of health science students.
- Hepatitis B vaccine series (a total of 3 doses at varying intervals).
- Required for residential students: 1 dose of Meningococcal MCV4 vaccine or MPSV4 vaccine within the past 5 years or a completed waiver.
- 2 doses of Varicella vaccine or laboratory proof of immunity or a reliable history of varicella documented by a health care provider and birth before 1980 in the US is acceptable except for health science students.
- Completion of the Tuberculosis Screening/Testng Form and additional testing if necessary. Connell Graduate School Of Nursing requires annual PPD testing.