Graduate Student Information
university health services
HOW DO I ACCESS HEALTH SERVICES ON CAMPUS?
A graduate student may access the Boston College Health Services in two ways:
Payment of Health/Infirmary Fee: This is a $486 charge for the year and allows you unlimited visits to Health Services (excludes immunizations). THIS IS NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH BOSTON COLLEGE STUDENT ACCIDENT AND SICKNESS INSURANCE PLAN WHICH IS A DIFFERENT FEE.
Fee-for-service: Graduate students may also be seen during the academic year on a fee-for-service basis at a charge of $95 per Primary Care Center visit, $105 per Specialty visit. For cost of immunizations please contact Health Services at 617-552-3225. The fee is reasonable when compared to outside services. No care is available on campus for family members; however, a medical insurance plan is available.
All charges, including fee-for-service*, will be added to your student account, and you will be billed by the University on your Student Account Statement. Payment to the University is your responsibility.
* If you have purchased the Boston College Student Injury and Sickness Insurance Plan, the BC Primary Care Center's fee-for-service charge for each visit or immunizations received will be billed to your student account but it will be your responsibility to submit a claim form requesting reimbursement. Because Health Services is considered out-of-network you will be reimbursed for 80% of the charges incurred. The out-of-network deductible will be waived for visits to the BC Primary Care Health Center.
FOR DETAILS ABOUT THE BOSTON COLLEGE STUDENT INJURY AND SICKNESS INSURANCE PLAN PLEASE ACCESS THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
- Medical Insurance
- Medical Insurance Forms
- Contact information regarding enrollment, benefits, ID cards
- Claims and claims payments
- BCBS Preferred Providers (Mass and Nationwide)
- EyeMed Discount Vision Plan
This site has been designed especially for you to provide information about the Boston College Student Blue Plan.
You can download a plan brochure or Frequently Asked Questions, look for participating providers, learn more about further enhancements to your plan or additional products that are available to you. You can email Gallagher Koster or click on the "Live Help" icon to get answers to any questions you may have on the coverage available to you.
Click on 'Account Home' to view your personal and dependent coverage information or edit your primary address.
Off-Campus Health Care
For those students who choose to seek medical care off campus. The following sites, among others, are readily accessible.
St. Elizabeth's Medical Center
|736 Cambridge St.
Brighton, MA 02135
|Call 911 if an emergency
ER # 617-789-2666
|Beth Israel Deaconess Urgent Care
|200 Boylston St, 4th floor
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467