boston college transportation and parking services
General Policies and Procedures
- Visitor Parking is only available in the garages.
- No overnight visitor parking in either garage on weekdays from August 28, 2015 through May 27, 2016.
- Due to faculty/staff parking, the Commonwealth Avenue garage will be accessible to visitors only after 2:00 p.m. daily.
- Weekend parking costs are $5.00 per every 12 hour. No permit is required. All vehicles must exit the garage by 2:00 a.m. Monday morning. Vehicles left in the garage after that time are subject to ticketing/towing.
- All employees must have a valid permit and prox card / EZ pass in order to enter and exit. Failure to have either will result in the employee having to pay visitor rates in the garage.
- Volunteers, vendors, and contractors with approved G parking privileges must have a valid permit and transponder to enter and exit.
Visitor Parking Locations and Information
Commonwealth Garage Levels 2 - 6 (white lined spaces only)
Beacon Garage Levels 3 - 4
No other visitor parking locations are allowed without specific authorization.
Visitors will be directed to either garage by our security attendants. Upon entry to the garage, all visitors must take a ticket. A validated (paid) ticket is required to exit the garage. Tickets may be validated in the following manner:
Pay Station Payment Option and Pay Station Locations
- Beacon Street Garage: second floor next to the exit.
- Commonwealth Avenue Garage: first- and fifth-floor elevator lobbies.
Payment may be made with cash, Visa, MasterCard, or American Express. Once payment is made, the pay station will disburse a validated ticket to be used at the exit gate.
Credit Card Payment and Garage Exit Process
Payment by Visa, MasterCard, or American Express can occur at the gate, without the need to take your ticket to the pay stations. Follow the directions at the payment column before exiting the garage.
Validated Ticket Holders and Garage Exit Process
Guests who have received a validated ticket from a department or had their ticket validated do not have to go to the pay station.
Please proceed directly to the exit to insert the validated ticket at the exit column.
University Validated Guest Passes
University Validated Guest Passes are distributed for departmental use. These passes are limited in number and should be used accordingly. No additional passes will be issued during the year.
Faculty and Staff Parking Garage Access
All permitted faculty, staff, students, and "G" pass vendors and volunteers must have a prox card / EZ pass properly installed on their windshield in order to enter and exit.
On-Site Security and Assistance
Both garages are monitored 24 hours a day by Boston College Police Department security cameras. Computer monitors have full viewing capability of all gate activity. In the event of an emergency, there is a call button located on the exit ticket column that connects to the BCPD dispatcher.
Garage Parking Rates
First 20 minutes: FREE
Every hour after: $3.00
Daily maximum: $25.00
Weekend parking costs $5.00 per exit from 5:00 p.m. Friday up to 2:00 a.m. Monday. No permit is required. All vehicles must exit the garage by 2:00 a.m. Monday morning.
After August 31, 2016, there will be NO overnight parking by visitors in either garage.
Special Meetings or Events
For assistance in planning special meetings or events, contact email@example.com.
Vendor/Contractor/Deliveries and Equipment Drop-off
For parking policy, view the Vendor/Contractor Parking Policy page.