Commuter Benefits — Frequently Asked Questions
- Why should I participate in this program?
- How do I place my order?
- What are the instructions for logging in?
- What is my User Name and Password to log onto the system?
- Do I have to remember to place my order each month?
- What if I move or change my address?
- What happens if my pass doesn't arrive in the mail?
- What happens if I lose my pass after receiving it in the mail?
- When can I order a commuter pass for subsequent months?
- When will the deduction for my pass appear on my paycheck?
- What is a Commuter Check?
- How do I contact Crosby Benefit Systems if I have a question?
A: By participating in this program, you may purchase a transit pass on a pre-tax basis via payroll deduction. This means that the money you use to pay for this pass is not taxed. Tax savings will vary, but for most people the savings will be between 25% and 30% of the pass cost.
Q: How do I place my order?
A: You can create and/or modify your order at www.wageworks.com Once logged in, choose the red Commuter Benefits button from the "Lobby." Then click "Transit Order" and follow the prompts on the screen to place an order for the pass/ticket you need.
- Log onto the Crosby WageWorks website, www.wageworks.com
- If you already have a WageWorks account (user name and password), skip to step 4 below.
- If you do not have a WageWorks account, click on "New User" and follow the prompts on the screen. When prompted, enter your Employee ID (not Social Security Number). Your Employee ID is your eight-digit Eagle ID. The site will guide you through the new user process.
- Once you have established your User Account, log in, which will take you to the "Lobby." When at the Lobby, click on the red Commuter Benefits button, which will then launch a new browser window.
- Once you are in the transit ordering window (you should see the BC logo in the top left corner), follow the prompts. or click "Transit Order" to place your transit pass order.
Q: What is my User Name and Password to log onto the system?
A: If you currently have a WageWorks.com User Name and Password (because you participate in a Flexible Spending Account) you will use the same login information to enter the WageWorks.com lobby.
If you do not have a WAgeWorks.com User Name and Password, simply click on the New User button and follow the prompts to establish your account.
Q: Do I have to remember to place my order each month?
A: No. You may set your order up as recurring, meaning that it is sent automatically each month until you change your order. The system will send an email reminder each month stating that you have an order in the system, and prompting you to re-enter the site if you need to make a change.
Q: What happens if my pass doesn't arrive in the mail?
A: First, purchase a replacement pass. Then, complete and submit (by fax) an Affidavit of Lost Pass Form, which is available on the ordering website by clicking Help, then “Lost / Missing Passes or Vouchers." You can be reimbursed by Boston College for one never received pass.
Q: What happens if I lose my pass after receiving it in the mail?
A: If your pass is a Charlie Card, you may request a replacement, and one will be mailed to you in 2-3 business days. If this happens, contact WageWorks Systems at 480-291-9038.
If your pass is not a CharlieCard, unfortunately there is no replacement option available. You will need to purchase a new pass or pay daily until your pass for the following month (if you have a recurring order) arrives.
Q: When can I order a commuter pass for subsequent months?
A: The pass ordering deadline is the 20th of the month, approximately 40 days before the Pass Month. For example, to order a pass for the month of July and beyond, the ordering deadline will be May 20 at 11:59 p.m.
Q. What is a Commuter Check?
A: A Commuter Check voucher allows you to purchase transit passes, tickets, cards, or other fare media from transit providers and retail merchants, and/or to pay vanpool fares. The Commuter Check is offered as an alternative to actual passes for many of the Private Transit Providers.