MBTA Commuter Rails
boston college transportation and parking services
The MBTA (Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority) runs the subway and street car system in Boston and the commuter rail lines that come into North and South Stations.
A variety of passes and fares are available to fit your commuting needs.
- With the Charlie Card subway rides are $2.75, and the basic bus fare is $2.00. Children under 11 ride free when accompanied by a paying adult.
- Monthly passes allow for unlimited travel on all MBTA services and have built-in discounts and benefits such as reduced auto insurance rates.
- Student discount semester passes are available up to one month prior to the start of each semester at Student Services in Lyons Hall, Room 103.
The Green line serves downtown Boston and four areas:
- Boston College Branch (B Train)
- Cleveland Circle Branch (C Train)
- Riverside Branch (D Train)
- Heath Street Branch (E Train)
Other Transit Links: