Loans and Financing
types of financial aid
Please note: Some of these files are Adobe Reader® (PDF) formatted files. To view them, you will need to download the free Adobe Reader.
Please note: Some of these files are Microsoft Powerpoint formatted files. To view them, you will need to download the free Powerpoint Slide Viewer.
Federal Student Loan Programs
An education loan is a form of financial aid that must be repaid, with interest. Education loans come in three major categories:
- Student loans (e.g., Federal Direct and Perkins loans)
- Parent loans (e.g., PLUS loans)
- Private student loans (also called alternative student loans)
- Completing a Master Promissory Note (PowerPoint Presentation)
- Completing Entrance Counseling (PowerPoint Presentation)
Since July 1, 2010, all new federal education loans have been made through the Direct Loan program. To qualify for a federal student loan, please start by applying for financial aid through the Office of Student Services.
Please email the Office of Student Services with any questions.