Skip to main content

Secondary navigation:

What are my next steps?

Upon receiving your award, please review and complete the steps listed below.

  • Complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Direct Federal Stafford loans. Go to to complete your MPN and entrance counseling. (If you are a returning student who applied for aid last year you will not need to complete a new MPN or entrance counseling for your Direct Federal Stafford Loans.)
  • If you want to decline any of your Federal Direct Stafford loans, go to the financial aid award notification by logging into and edit your award letter, make changes, and enter your password to submit.
  • It can take up to a week for your funds to be disbursed once you have completed your MPN and Entrance Counseling.
  • Once your bill is paid and you have a credit balance on your student account, you can request a refund through Go to "My Bill" under the "My Services" tab to request your refund. If you have signed up for direct deposit, your refund will be sent to the account you have designated. If you have not requested direct deposit for your refund and would like to, go to the to "My Bill" under the "My Services" tab ( to sign up. Reminder: Refunds are not available until the first week of classes.
  • If you have not signed up for direct deposit, you will be issued a check. Checks are issued once a week on Fridays. When your refund request has been processed you will be notified when your check will be mailed or is ready to be picked up at the Cashier's Office located at 129 Lake Street.
  • If the Student Aid Report (SAR) sent to you by the federal processor indicates that your processed FAFSA was selected for Federal Verification, then our office will notify you in writing of the requirement(s) and any docuents that you must provide to us. In addition, you will be required to complete, sign, and send to our Financial Aid Processing Center the Grad/Law Verification Form that can be accessed here, or can be found under Forms on the navigation tree to the left, and it is listed under Additional Forms on that web page. Please note that you should not complete the Grad/Law Verification Form if your FAFSA was not selected for federal verification.