What are my next steps?
Upon receiving your award, please review and complete the steps listed below.
- Complete your Master Promissory Note (MPN) for your Direct Federal Stafford loans. Go to www.studentloans.gov to complete your MPN and entrance counseling. (If you are a returning student who applied for aid last year you will not need to complete a new MPN or entrance counseling for your Direct Federal Stafford Loans.)
- If you want to decline any of your Federal Direct Stafford loans, go to the financial aid award notification in your Agora Portal account and edit your award letter, make changes, and enter your password to submit.
- It can take up to a week for your funds to be disbursed once you have completed your MPN and Entrance Counseling.
- If you were awarded a Federal Perkins Loan this year, you will be required to sign a new Master Promissory Note, due to federal regulatory changes, which can be done online by:
- Log on to the ECSI website at www.ecsi.net/promx9.
- Provide your Social Security Number, last name, and date of birth.
- Provide your FAFSA PIN when requested on the Student Authentication Network page.
- Most pages require that you accept the terms by checking a box at the bottom of those pages.
- You must provide complete reference information for yourself, next of kin, and two additional references. Failure to complete all lines accurately will keep this loan from disbursing to your account. Make sure your references do not share your address, the address of your next of kin, or the same address.
- PROMISSORY NOTE—Read completely. Electronically sign at the bottom of the promissory note page. Be certain to sign your name exactly as it appears in Section A (borrower section) of the Promissory Note.
- We advise you to print copies for your records.
- Once your bill is paid and you have a credit balance on your student account, you can request a refund through your Agora Portal account. Go to "My Bill" under the "My Services" tab to request your refund. If you have signed up for direct deposit, your refund will be sent to the account you have designated. If you have not requested direct deposit for your refund and would like to, go to the to "My Bill" under the "My Services" tab in your Agora Portal account to sign up. Reminder: Refunds are not available until the first week of classes.
- If you have not signed up for direct deposit, you will be issued a check. Checks are issued once a week on Fridays. When your refund request has been processed you will be notified when your check will be mailed or is ready to be picked up at the Cashier's Office located at 129 Lake Street.