During grading periods, transcripts will be held until your grades are posted.
Your authorization is required in order to release your transcript. You can do this electronically via the web, on paper via mail or fax, or in person in Lyons Hall. There is no charge for transcripts.
Requesting a Transcript via the Web
• Current Students or Employees with Access to the Agora Portal
Current students and employees can request an academic transcript through their Agora Portal at portal.bc.edu. Log on to your Agora Portal, click on "My Services," and then click on "Transcript Request and Status." Review the information on the screen, add any additional information, and submit your request. Your request will be received immediately and processed as soon as possible. Use the status tracking page to follow your request. Your password acts as the authorization to release your record.
Note: Transcripts are provided to students and alumni free of charge, with one exception. Charges apply only if FedEx is selected as the mode of delivery. If you choose FedEx as your delivery option, you must complete the transcript request form and then call the Office of Student Services at 800-294-0294 with your credit card information from 9:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday; from 9:00 a.m. to 3:45 p.m. on Wednesday; and on Friday during the summer from 9:00 a.m. until 2:45 p.m. Credit card information must be received by 2:00 p.m. to guarantee next business day delivery.
Alumni may submit a Transcript Request Form (PDF) to the Office of Student Services in Lyons Hall by printing the request form, signing the form, and sending the form to Boston College (address below) via mail or fax.
• Requesting A Transcript via Fax or Mail
Mailing Address for Transcript Requests:
Office of Student Services
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
Fax Number for Transcript Requests:
Mail and fax requests require the following information:
Local Telephone Number
Eagle ID Number OR Last Four Digits of Your Social Security Number
Dates of Attendance
Degree Received or School Attended
Number of Copies Requested
• Requesting A Transcript in Person
• Other Important Information
- Transcript requests will not be honored for any student with an outstanding financial obligation to the University. The same policy applies to any student who does not complete the required loan exit interview.
- Transcripts sent by Boston College via fax are unofficial.
- Transcripts are normally sent within 3 to 5 business days.
- You can reach the Transcript Office at 617-552-3300.