Summer Session Registration Instructions: Undergraduate Day Students
Office of Student Services
- Boston College offers students two Summer Sessions:
- Summer Session I: May 15, 2018 – June 22, 2018
- Summer Session II: June 25, 2018 – August 3, 2018
Undergraduates will register at the front counter in Student Services in Lyons Hall anytime following their April registration appointments.
- Students will no longer need to submit the Course Approval Form to their Dean’s Offices or to Student Services when registering for courses in the BC Summer School (unless it is a Woods College course with an AD prefix). Previously, students were required to submit the Course Approval Form to their Dean’s Office for approval and then to Student Services when registering.
- All summer grades will be calculated into the GPA. Previously, only grades of C- or higher were included.
- All credits from courses with passing grades will be counted in the total credits required for graduation.
- Seniors who still need to complete degree requirements will have to submit the Course Approval Form in Student Services and will be registered after graduation.
- You may make up no more than ten credits in a single summer.
- Students whose tuition will be covered by a campus department, such as Learning Resources for Student Athletes or the Thea Bowman AHANA and Intercultural Center, will need to present a Payment Authorization Form when registering. Go to the sponsoring department for approval and the form.
- Course Substitution Forms may be required for those courses that are needed to fulfill major or minor requirements.