Auto Claims Reporting
The following steps should be completed in the event of an automobile accident involving a Boston College vehicle.
Note, the following procedures are subject to change at any time.
EXCHANGE INFORMATION WITH THE OTHER DRIVER(S)
The following information must be obtained:
- The Name, Address and Phone Number of the other Driver(s)
- The Registration Number, License Plate Number, make, Model and year of other vehicle(s)
- The Name and Phone Number of the insurance company of the other driver(s)other.
NOTE: All relevant information pertaining to the BC vehicle is listed on the vehicle registration.
IMMEDIATELY REPORT THE ACCIDENT TO YOUR SUPERVISOR
After a Supervisor has been notified of an accident, he or she should report the accident to the Office of Risk Management at X2060.
A copy of the report is enclosed in the yellow packet in each vehicle. Additional copies are available at the Office of Risk Management. The report must be completed and signed by the driver for all accidents involving other vehicles. The report should then immediately be delivered by the driver to Office of Risk Management, St. Clement’s Hall 008.
HAVE THE VEHICLE INSPECTED FOR A DAMAGE/REPAIR ESTIMATE
In order to have a vehicle repaired the following must be followed:
- Boston College has an arrangement with Beacon Collision of Allston, MA for repair work on damaged vehicles.
- Deliver the estimate received to the Office of Risk Management.
- At the instruction of the Office of Risk Management, drivers of damaged BC vehicles will also be required in certain instances to take the vehicle to the Arbella Drive-In claim center for an insurance estimate as soon as possible after the accident.
NOTE: The Motor Vehicle Crash Operator Report must be completed and delivered to the Office of Risk Management within 24 hours of the accident so as not to jeopardize our Insurance coverage. Failure to do so may result in the operator’s department absorbing the cost for the repairs.