Contractor/Vendor Insurance Requirements
In order to protect the interests of the University, the Trustees of Boston College, certain minimum insurance limits should be required of, and provided by, all Vendors, Contractors and other persons or organizations who use or provide service to the University. Note, Contractor requirements may vary depending on job size and the Vendor/Contractor should look to the contract for actual requirements.
These minimum requirements are used to safeguard the institution and to protect the financial interests of the University should a loss occur on Boston College grounds through no fault of the school but caused by a Contractor, Vendor or other entity using the schools facilities.
The purpose of this is to obtain assurance that the supplier, vendor or other party will have the financial capacity (insurance funds) to back up the promise and/or commitments made in the Hold Harmless and Indemnification Agreements.
As such, all vendors, contractors and other parties using the University’s facilities shall, at their own expense, procure and maintain current policies of insurance that protect its own interests and the interests of the Trustees of Boston College, its Officers, Directors and Employees, et al against all liabilities , losses, damages, claims, settlements and expenses (including court costs and attorney fees) arising out of or resulting from their actions.
The following are minimum standards that must be provided:
- Workers' Compensation and Employers Liability Insurance (WC & EL) for its own employees that meets statutory limits; Employers Liability Insurance to cover bodily injury claims up to $1,000,000 per person, per claim.
- Commercial/ Comprehensive General Liability Insurance for personal/ bodily injury (including death) and property damage claims up to $1,000,000 per occurrence.
- Commercial/ Comprehensive Automobile Liability Insurance (including coverage for all owned, non-owned, and hired vehicles) with a combined single limit of $1,000,000 per accident: and
- Umbrella Excess Liability Insurance to cover all liability risks, including defense costs in an amount of $5,000,000.
- Pollution Legal Liability Insurance in the amount of $5,000,000 per loss and in the aggregate.
- Professional Liability / E&O Liability Insurance in the amount of TBD per loss and in the aggregate.
Additionally, the Vendor, Contractor or other Organization shall include “Trustees of Boston College, their Officers, Directors and Employees” as additional insureds on these policies (where allowable by law) and shall furnish Boston College with current Certificates of Insurance that provide for thirty (30) days’ prior written notice to Boston College in case of cancellation of or material change in the policy limits or coverage stated. Certificate and notices shall be sent to:
Trustees of Boston College
Attn: Risk Management
St. Clements Hall
140 Commonwealth Avenue
Chestnut Hill MA 02467
Any questions, please contact Anastos Chiavaras at 617.552.8010 or email@example.com