Fall Early Arrivals
fall opening 2015: check-in instructions
The earliest that students may return to campus with an approved early arrival is Monday, August 24. In order to return to campus early, a student must be a part of a group considered essential to the opening of the University, or meet the criteria listed on their class fall opening webpage. Some examples of groups include, but are not limited to:
- Athletic and Band Preseason
- Emerging Leadership Program (ELP)
- International students
- Orientation Leaders
- Resident Hall Association Executive Board (RHA)
- Reserve Officer Training Corps (ROTC)
- Undergraduate Government of Boston College (UGBC) Executive Board
- Welcome Wagon
Students with a Fall 2014 on-campus housing assignment who are currently living off campus in the Chestnut Hill/Brighton/Allston area with an expiring lease agreement, may apply to come back to campus beginning Saturday, August 22. Students will be required to furnish a copy of their lease agreement indicating the date their lease expires. Please note that students are only able to move into on-campus on ON THE DAY that their lease expires.
All early-arrival requests must be submitted online via the Agora Portal. Click on "My ResLife" under "My Services," then select "Web Forms," then "Individual Transition."
- If you are applying as an individual, select "Individual" under "Fall Early Arrival" and complete the subsequent form.
- If you are applying as part of a group, select your group's name under "Fall Arrivals." Your group's date of arrival will be populated for you. If you do not see your group listed, please contact your group administrator.
- If you live in a room that does not allow for an in-room early arrival, you will be prompted to select "Interim Housing."
Please allow up to 3 business days for all processing.
If you are approved for early arrival:
- You will receive an email confirmation.
- All students granted Interim Housing must check in at the Summer Welcome Center in Stayer Hall. on their approved date of arrival.
- Students currently living on campus for the summer are required to move to their fall placements on Wednesday, August 20 or earlier if notified.
- Improper or late check-out or failure to check out of Interim Housing, excessive trash, or room damage may result in fines and University disciplinary action.
- Students approved for an early arrival who are involved in ANY conduct violation during their stay will be removed from housing immediately and face University disciplinary action, regardless of the reason for the early arrival.
Applicants who are not approved are required to check in on Wednesday, August 26 for first-year students or Friday, August 28 for upperclassmen and transfer students.
All forms are available through the Agora Portal beginning early July.
Student Deadline: Friday, July 24
Group Creation Deadline: Friday, July 10