- Groups must be sponsored by a department in order to be considered for extension housing and/or early arrivals. Not all groups will be approved.
- Group administrators are responsible for the conduct of their group's members. Any incidents that occur during an extension and/or early arrival period will result in the involved student's immediate removal from housing and may jeopardize the ability for the group to be approved for future extensions and/or early arrivals. Please remind your group's members that adherence to University policies is critical for the success of the group and that no exceptions to this policy will be made.
- Group administrators must create their group online via the Agora Portal. To do this, click on the "My Services" tab > "My ResLife" > "Web Forms" > "Group Transitions" > "Create Group"
- If for some reason your group needs to arrive or depart outside the standard dates, please include in your comments the complete details of your situation. Requesting a date outside the normal range may delay the processing of your group. Group approval is not guaranteed and is at the discretion of Residential Life.
- Once you create your group, it must be approved by Residential Life before your students can apply as part of your group. Once your group is approved, your students should use the above instructions for applying as part of your group.
- Group administrators must approve their list of group members before the students' applications are reviewed.
- Please allow up to 3 business days for all processing.
Spring 2015 Early Arrival
Earliest Arrival Date: Friday, January 2nd, 2015
Group Creation Deadline: November 26th 2014
- Log into the Agora Portal.
- Select My Services.
- Select My ResLife.
- Enter StarRez.
- Select Web Forms. If this is your first time entering the StarRez Portal, you must register before accessing any Web Forms.
- Select Group Transitions.
- Create your group for the appropriate term and type of transition.
Early Arrival - 2015 UG Spring(2015S)
- Enter your group's details.
- Click Save & Continue when complete.
- You can check the status of your group on the Group Transitions form at any time. Once your group has been approved, you should notify your group's members that each should then go into StarRez and apply for an extension/early arrival. Each member should select your group in their drop-down options.
- Return to StarRez to Accept Members as part of your group. Student applications will not be processed until they have been approved. If you plan to not approve someone, please notify them directly, as their application will not be processed by Residential Life.
- Once the data has been processed, the students will receive an email notifying them of the decision and, if they have been granted an early arrival, informing them of their move-in process.