office of residential life
Staff Assistant for Summer Housing
BASIC FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITY
Provide support to the Assistant Manager of Summer Housing Operations in the coordination and management of the summer housing and conference program, transitional housing periods, and access management. In addition, this position will provide assistance to the academic year housing operation, serve as a network administration backup and offer administrative assistance.
PRIMARY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Assist in all activities related to the coordination of the Summer Housing Program.
- Assist in all activities related to the coordination of the opening and closing of the residence halls, including the management of all early arrival and extension correspondence and data.
- Assist in all major departmental programs including the check-in and checkout process and the room selection process. These events require evening and weekend overtime.
- Establish and maintain all summer student, camp, and conference data.
- Coordinate the recruitment, interview, selection, and training process for all Summer Staff positions with the Assistant Manager of Summer Housing Operations.
- Learn and gain an excellent working knowledge on the use of StarRez (housing system) for assignments of students, groups, and camps to summer housing.
- Maintain security access of professional staff and students to StarRez.
- Provide training and develop training materials for professional and student staff for StarRez functionality.
- Provide departmental secretarial support which includes answering telephones and taking messages. Responsible for compiling reports and statistics as required.
- Responsible for the preparation and distribution of all letters, forms, applications, and literature, both electronic and paper.
- Maintain a database of all students and conference/camp attendees. Responsible for assisting in the assignment, billing processes, printing of reports, and statistics as required.
- Maintain positive working relationships with all conference group and departmental contacts.
- Responsible for managing all campus-wide shared documents and for sending out confirmation information and updates as necessary.
- Provide assistance to Resident Directors during the summer months.
- Assist in all aspects of key/card access activities. Provide backup to the Operations Assistant in the coordination of keys for all academic and summer students, groups, vendors, etc.
- Assist the Assistant Manager of Summer Housing Operations in the management of the card access program.
- Provide assistance to the Assistant Manager of Summer Housing Operations as required in supporting all computer related activities for the department.
- Assist in other duties as assigned by the Director and his/her designees.
Direction is received from the Assistant Manager of Summer Housing Operations and the Assistant Director of Assignments and Operations.
During the summer assist in the direct management of student staff.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required. Excellent computer skills required and knowledge of StarRez preferred. A working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs required and web design software preferred.
Boston College is an affirmative-action, equal-opportunity employer. In concert with our Jesuit, Catholic mission, Boston College is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and staff committed to teaching and working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans.
Please apply online with Boston College Human Resources.