Become A Trainer
NEXT COURSE OFFERED: Fall 2018
Fall 2018 prep course details will be available starting July 1, 2018. All interested participants should email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will be notified when the course syllabus and application becomes available.
Are you an undergraduate student interested in becoming a personal trainer? All interested personal training applicants must first apply for a spot in the Boston College Campus Recreation Personal Trainer Prep Course. If accepted, trainees must successfully complete all prep course requirements before applying for a personal training position with Boston College Campus Recreation. Completion of the course does not guarantee employment. Graduate students who are Campus Recreation members are eligible to apply, but undergraduate students receive preference.
Please note, undergraduate and graduate student personal trainers who are certified with less than two years of certified training experience need to complete the course in order to be considered for employment. The course is a mandatory requirement for consideration. Personal trainers with more than two years of experience may apply for a position without taking the course.
There are 15 spots available this upcoming semester.
Who should apply for a spot in the program?
- Students who are passionate about health and fitness
- Students who are comfortable with basic strength training and aerobic activities
- Students who would like to become personal trainers and who have less than two years of certified training experience
Class Quick Facts
- This course will be offered in fall 2018.
- This course will not be be offered summer 2018.
- This course is only open to Boston College undergraduate and graduate students who are members of the Flynn Recreation Complex.
- The course prepares students to sit for the American Council on Exercise personal trainer certification.
- Course Registration Fee: $100
- Please note, cost for certification (approx. $250 for a student) and study materials (approx. $120) are not included in the course registration fee.
- Syllabus pending.
- Submit your application to email@example.com by the priority deadline TBD.