Become A Trainer
Interested in learning more about how to become a personal trainer and how to set up an interview for the prep course?
Stop in on one of our info sessions at the Plex in the MPR space:
Tuesday, August 30 from 6pm - 6:30pm
Wednesday, August 31 from 3pm - 3:30pm
Interviews for the prep course will be held by appointment only on Wednesday, August 31 from 7:30am - 2pm and Friday, September 2 from 7:30am - 12pm. Each interview will run for 30 minutes. It is recommended that you attend an info session prior to your interview.
NEXT COURSE OFFERED: Fall 2017
Are you an undergraduate student interested in becoming a personal trainer? All interested personal training applicants must first apply for a spot in the Boston College Campus Recreation Personal Trainer Prep Course. If accepted, trainees must successfully complete all prep course requirements before applying for a personal training position with Boston College Campus Recreation. Completion of the course does not guarantee employment. Graduate students who are Campus Recreation members are eligible to apply, but undergraduate students receive preference.
Please note, undergraduate and graduate student personal trainers who are certified with less than two years of experience need to complete the course in order to be considered for employment. The course is a mandatory requirement for consideration. Personal trainers with more than two years of experience may apply for a position without taking the course.
Spots in the program are competitive and typically limited to 12 students maximum, and 4 students minimum.
Who should apply for a spot in the program?
- Students who are passionate about health and fitness
- Students who are comfortable with basic strength training and aerobic activities
- Students who would like to become personal trainers and who have less than two years of certified training experience
Class Quick Facts
- This course will be offered in fall 2017.
- This course will not be be offered spring 2017 or summer 2017.
- This course is only open to Boston College undergraduate and graduate students who are members of the Flynn Recreation Complex.
- The course prepares students to sit for the American Council on Exercise personal trainer certification.
- Course Registration Fee: $100
- Please note, cost for certification (approx. $250 for a student) and study materials (approx. $120) are not included in the course registration fee.