Become A Trainer
NEXT COURSE OFFERED: Fall 2015
Are you an undergraduate or graduate student interested in becoming a personal trainer? All interested personal training applicants must first apply for a spot in the Boston College Campus Recreation Personal Trainer Prep Course. If accepted, trainees must successfully complete all prep course requirements before applying for a personal training position with Boston College Campus Recreation. Completion of the course does not guarantee employment.
Please note, undergraduate and graduate student personal trainers who are certfied with less than two years of experience need to complete the course in order to be considered for employment. The course is a mandatory requirement for consideration. Personal trainers with more than two years of experience may apply for a position without taking the course.
Spots in the program are competitve and typically limited to 12-15 students maximum, and 4 students minimum.
Who should apply for a spot in the program?
- Students who are passionate about health and fitness
- Students who are comfortable with basic strength training and aerobic activities
- Students who would like to become personal trainers and who have less than two years of certified training experience
Class Quick Facts
- This course will be offered in fall 2015.
- This course will not be be offered spring 2016 or summer 2016.
- This course is only open to Boston College undergraduate and graduate students who are members of the Flynn Recreation Complex.
- The course prepares students to sit for the American Council on Exercise personal trainer certification.
Fall 2015 Course Details
- Interview: Email Hilary De Vries at email@example.com to set up a 30-minute interview the week of August 31 - September 4. Interviews will be held from 8 am-4 pm that week only.
- Decision Email: Following the interview a decision email will be sent to each applicant on Friday, September 4th by 6pm. We typically receive 20-30 applicantions.
- Registration: Information on how to register will be provided if accepted. The course begins Friday, September 11th and ends Friday, December 4th.
- Course Registration Fee: $100
- Please note, cost for certification (approx. $250 for a student) and study materials (approx. $120) are not included in the course registration fee.
- Starts: Friday, September 11, 2015
- Ends: Friday, December 4, 2015
Class Day, Time and Location:
- Lecture every Friday from 3-5pm
- Sunday workshops on 9/13 from 9:30 am - 6pm, and 9/27, 10/11, 11/8, and 11/15 from 8 am - 1pm