Starting is as easy as 1, 2, 3
- Fill out the Fitness Training Services Registration Packet (printed copies are also available in Member Services). Return the forms to Member Services in a signed, sealed envelope.
- Purchase your assessment at Member Services.
- Within 3-4 business days check your email to schedule your assessment. Please note some clients will need a Medical Clearance before an assessment can be scheduled. This will be communicated to the client if necessary.
Fitness assessments are available at the Flynn Recreation Complex. We offer two assessment options to members to determine your current fitness level and/or body composition. This information is useful in establishing health and fitness goals.
60-Minute Health and Fitness Assessment
15-Minute InBody Assessment
Health and Fitness Assessment:
Let one of our certified trainers provide a comprehensive 60-minute physical assessment to determine your current level of fitness. A series of resting and exercising assessments will help establish baseline measurements which can be used to set goals, monitor your performance, and assess progress throughout your exercise program. All new personal training clients who have not been clients for at least 12 months are required to do a health and fitness assessment prior to their first session. The following assessments are administered:
- Resting Assessments
- Heart rate
- Blood pressure
- Body weight
- InBody body composition analysis
- Circumference measurements
- Exercising Assessments
- Strength and Endurance
- Selected Functional Movement Screens and Observed Exercises
Let one of our certified trainers provide a 15-minute body composition analysis with the InBody370 machine. Results include segmental lean and fat analysis, overall body fat percentage, resting metabolic rate, and more. Check out what the results sheet will look like below. This assessment is also included in the health and fitness assessment.
Click here for assessment FAQ from Biospace, the creator of the device we use, InBody 370.
- Good night’s sleep
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid heavy physical activity
- Don’t overindulge in caffeine, tobacco, or heavy meals
- Stay hydrated
Two Hours Before
- Do not smoke or use tobacco
- Do not consume caffeine
- Do not exercise
- Limit or stop food intake
Appropriate Attire and Belongings
- Comfortable athletic clothing and athletic shoes
- Bring water
Cancellation Policy: To cancel an appointment, you must contact your trainer directly, at least 24 hours prior to your appointment. Failure to do so will result in a lost assessment.
Late Policy: Purchased assessment sessions will be forfeited if the client is late by greater than or equal to 15 minutes. The assessment room is only available during the scheduled time, and may not be available if the client is late.