Small Group Training
Fit Club: Weight Loss and Fitness Program
Via HEALTHY YOU: For the following program, HR--through the HEALTHY YOU program--will reimburse benefits-eligible employees 50% at the conclusion of the program if the participant attends at least two out of the three classes per week (75% of all classes throughout the program).
Are you looking to create some life-long habits to help you reach a healthy weight? Fit Club is a semester-long small group training program for individuals who are overweight, with a BMI greater than or equal to 27. The program includes goal setting, scheduled assessments, small group training workouts three days per week, fitness challenges, and lots of support and encouragement. Our trainers will work their hardest to keep you motivated. There are no fads here, just research-supported exercise guidance. In order to register, a consultation with the Graduate Assistant of Fitness is required for new and returning participants.
Eligibility criteria must be met in order to participate. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Boston College Faculty/staff only.
- Must have a BMI greater than or equal to 27. Check your BMI at the following link by entering your height and weight: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm
- If BMI is less than 27, but at least 25, you must have a body-fat percentage greater than 30% for females, and 25% for males.
- Fill out the Small Group Training Application Packet. Return the forms to Member Services in a signed, sealed envelope.
- The Graduate Assistant of Fitness will review your application and schedule a brief 15-minute consultation with you. If approved for the program, you will then need to get a medical waiver signed by your primary physician before you can participate. The medical waiver is mandatory before the first day of participation.
Fit Over 40
Fit Over 40 is an exercise program designed to meet the needs of adults over 40 years old. Exercise is important for your overall mental and physical health and is an essential part of living a healthy lifestyle! This well-rounded program includes a combination of weight training, cardiovascular, neuromuscular (balance/coordination), and flexibility exercises, geared to help you keep in shape all semester long!
Synergy Circuit Training
Form a stronger, more consistent, exercise regimen with Synergy Circuit Training! Workouts will be held on the new Life Fitness Synergy 360, and in other fitness areas utilizing a variety of equipment. Jumping and explosive movements will be incorporated in this workout.
Get ready to push, pull, and jump your way to a higher level of fitness with TRX Bootcamp! Combine the suspension training of TRX with a fun Bootcamp-style workout.
TRX and Kettlebell Fusion: Charged
Strengthen and condition with Trainer Taylor blending the best of Kettlebells, TRX and bodyweight exercises. Work toward your strength, cardiovascular, and explosive power potential by utilizing a circuit- and tabata-based class format. You will experience a workout like no other.
TRX and Kettlebell Fusion: Sculpt
Tighten and tone with Trainer Taylor utilizing kettlebells, TRX, and a variety of bodyweight exercises. While explosive movements may be incorporated in the class to accelerate progress, the class is predominately focused on range of motion and time under tension. So expect a nice burn that will get you one step closer to achieving your ideal physique.
Ultimate Strength and Conditioning
Are you looking to revitalize your workout routine and become more fit? Ultimate Strength and Conditioning is a Small Goup Training program geared toward the young professional (20s – late 30s) who is looking for a fast-paced, intense workout! The class will focus on total body strength and conditioning.
Refund Policy: Generally, refunds will not be issued for small group training once sessions have started, because space is limited.
Late Policy: All sessions begin on time, with or without all participants in attendance. Late participants are asked to complete a warm-up prior to joining the class. Late arrivals are discouraged.
Drop-In Cancellation Policy: To cancel a drop-in appointment for a single class reservation, you must contact Member Services at least 24 hours in advance.
Starting is as easy as 1, 2, 3
1. To register online, click the link above to register on our portal, stop by or contact Member Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-552-0797.
2. After you register, the Small Group Application Packet will be emailed to you, or you can fill it out in advance and return to Member Services upon registration. The packet must be returned in a signed, sealed envelope. We cannot accept online forms with personal health information.
Please note that some participants may need a medical clearance. This will be communicated to the participant within three business days upon receipt of forms. If required, the medical clearance will need to be submitted prior to class participation. Participant registration packets and medical waivers are good for one year, unless medical history has changed.
3. Attend your first class!