Small Group Training
Fit Club: Weight Loss Program (formerly Biggest Loser)
Via HEALTHY YOU: For the following program, HR--through the HEALTHY YOU program--will reimburse benefits-eligible employees 50% at the conclusion of the program if the participant attends at least three out of the four classes per week.
Are you looking to create some life-long habits to help you reach a healthy weight? Fit Club is a semester-long small group training program and support group for individuals who are overweight, with a BMI greater than or equal to 27. The program includes goal setting, scheduled assessments, small group training workouts four days per week, fitness challenges, nutrition and fitness round-tables, and lots of support and encouragement. Our trainers will work their hardest to keep you motivated. There are no fads here, just research-supported exercise, nutrition, and behavioral guidance. In order to register, a consultation with the Graduate Assistant of Fitness is required for new and returning participants.
Eligibility criteria must be met in order to participate. The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Must have a BMI greater than or equal to 27. Check your BMI at the following link by entering your height and weight: http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/obesity/BMI/bmicalc.htm
- If BMI is less than 27, but at least 25, you must have a body-fat percentage greater than 30% for females, and 25% for males.
- Fill out the Small Group Training Application Packet (printed copies are also available in Member Services). Return the forms to Member Services in a signed, sealed envelope.
- The Graduate Assistant of Fitness will review your application and schedule a brief 15-minute consultation with you. If approved for the program, you will then need to get a medical waiver signed by your primary physician before you can participate.
Fit Over 40
Fit Over 40 is an exercise program designed to meet the needs of adults over 40 years old. Exercise is important for your overall mental and physical health and is an essential part of living a healthy lifestyle! This well-rounded program includes a combination of weight training, cardiovascular, neuromuscular (balance/coordination), and flexibility exercises, geared to help you keep in shape all semester long!
Fly without the Flurries! Running Program
Indoor winter run training designed to make your full body strong, fast, and fit for the best running of your life during the coldest and darkest months of the year. Meet up with Coach Lou (BC '13), former BC XC captain, every Wednesday morning for a different workout each week. The focus will vary from pick-ups and speed to core strength, leg drive, and more! Workouts are designed to maximize both fun and run!
Synergy Circuit Training
Form a stronger, more consistent, exercise regimen with Synergy Circuit Training! The trainer will deliver an appropriate full-body, circuit-training workout regimen to help you reach your goals. Workouts will be held on the new Life Fitness Synergy 360, and in other fitness areas utilizing a variety of equipment. Jumping and explosive movements will be incorporated in this workout, but individualized progressions of certain exercises will be recommended to keep participants of different fitness levels safe.
Ultimate Strength and Conditioning
Are you looking to revitalize your workout routine and become more fit? Ultimate Strength and Conditioning is a Small Goup Training program geared toward the young professional (late 20s – late 30s) who is looking for a fast-paced, intense workout with results! The class will focus on total body strength and conditioning.
Refund Policy: Generally, refunds will not be issued for small group training once sessions have started, because space is limited.
Late Policy: All sessions begin on time, with or without all participants in attendance. Late participants are asked to complete a warm-up prior to joining the class. Late arrivals are discouraged.
Drop-In Cancellation Policy: To cancel a drop-in appointment for a single class reservation, you must contact Member Services at least 24 hours in advance.
Starting is as easy as 1, 2, 3
1. To register online, click the link above to register on our portal, stop by or contact Member Services at email@example.com or 617-552-0797.
2. After you register, the Small Group Application Packet will be emailed to you, or you can fill it out in advance and return to Member Services upon registration. The packet must be returned in a signed, sealed envelope. We cannot accept online forms with personal health information.
Please note that some participants may need a medical clearance. This will be communicated to the participant within three business days upon receipt of forms. If required, the medical clearance will need to be submitted prior to class participation. Participant registration packets and medical waivers are good for one year, unless medical history has changed.
3. Attend your first class!